The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There was no chance that he would've applied unless he'd recently had a lobotomy. If there was any credence to the rumour of him going then he was likely approached, heard them out but was too overawed by having to manage the two best strikers in the league, leading him to drop out. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

15 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Means though he'd either applied or club let him go talk.

Still not great viewing and some unanswered questions

It's another article that says he showed interest in the job too, which led to the initial asking club for permission to speak to him.

I'm glad we're not going for him, as much as because our next 2 games are against Celtic then Rangers and it would be unbearable timing, but I hope this means he was told he wasn't the top target and decided he felt he was better than being strung along waiting for others to reject it (which tbf isn't a ridiculous thing). If he's turned us down as the top target then it's not a great look at all.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's another article that says he showed interest in the job too, which led to the initial asking club for permission to speak to him.

I'm glad we're not going for him, as much as because our next 2 games are against Celtic then Rangers and it would be unbearable timing, but I hope this means he was told he wasn't the top target and decided he felt he was better than being strung along waiting for others to reject it (which tbf isn't a ridiculous thing). If he's turned us down as the top target then it's not a great look at all.

I usually enjoy your posts but this has shades of “didn’t fancy her anyway”.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have you been out in the sun too long? He was never going to you and the rest is just paper talk. 

Not a good look? Ye, not a good look for yous. End of. 

6 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I usually enjoy your posts but this has shades of “didn’t fancy her anyway”.

Ive been pretty clear since Levein was sacked, across multiple threads/platforms, that i want a manager from outside Scottish football.

I'd have preferred Brown to folk like McGlynn or Murray, but he was borderline with Leven and below Lynch for me from the moment the names first came out.

Just now, wullieaufc said:

Is it possible the talks were brief and along the lines of “ thanks for considering me but I’m happy where I am for now”

Most likely situation is St Johnstone approach his agent, who confirms Brown wouldn't outright say no to the job. St Johnstone approach Ayr to ask how much he would cost. St Johnstone get in contact with Brown directly. Brown decides it's not a project worth leaving Ayr for.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Most likely situation is St Johnstone approach his agent, who confirms Brown wouldn't outright say no to the job. St Johnstone approach Ayr to ask how much he would cost. St Johnstone get in contact with Brown directly. Brown decides it's not a project worth leaving Ayr for.

Delusional shiite 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive been pretty clear since Levein was sacked, across multiple threads/platforms, that i want a manager from outside Scottish football.

I'd have preferred Brown to folk like McGlynn or Murray, but he was borderline with Leven and below Lynch for me from the moment the names first came out.

It’s fine. The 2nd choice blonde in the corner of the club didn’t even see the knock back. Go for it. The lights will come on soon and then you’re looking at an ‘in the wild’ approach.