The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I really think we need 2 bodies in asap, Kirk and Adeloye- the latter can’t be that far off and is proven at this level and the former is unreal for this level expensive I know but if we want to challenge that’s what we need 

Adeloye isn't coming back no matter how much you wish it. 

Neither is Kirk but I wish he was. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I really think we need 2 bodies in asap, Kirk and Adeloye- the latter can’t be that far off fit and is proven at this level and the former is unreal for this level expensive I know but if we want to challenge that’s what we need 

Kirk i'd have back in an instant. He'd fit perfectly. Adeloye, nah. He can score if it's served up to him. But I doubt he's got the energy or urgency in his play that Brown wants. 

2 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Kirk i'd have back in an instant. He'd fit perfectly. Adeloye, nah. He can score if it's served up to him. But I doubt he's got the energy or urgency in his play that Brown wants. 

I’m not sure Kirk has the mobility to play centre half like McMann or Stanger do tbh. 

Adeloye doesn’t fit into the Brown style either, but I don’t think we would get another striker anything close to him at this stage of the window. 

2 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

There's definite issues with Tomi about his mentality that I don't see being compatible with someone like Brown. And I don't mean about the lazy on the pitch thing that got floated about when he was here

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

To be fair to the jobby he had been here... five? years at that point, actually accomplished something and with much less than what Brown has had. 

And he'd made it clear on several occasions that Partick were the only team who could turn his head from us, and Lachlan accepted that too

Wonder how he feels about the decision now, given hindsight is 20/20

Courier reporting Brown was interviewed before. Shortlist of those who impressed was made on Tuesday, and contact made with clubs/targets to confirm compensation costs and invite targets back for 2nd round of interviews, which is where we are now and where Brown has pulled out.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Courier reporting Brown was interviewed before. Shortlist of those who impressed was made on Tuesday, and contact made with clubs/targets to confirm compensation costs and invite targets back for 2nd round of interviews, which is where we are now and where Brown has pulled out.

How can he be interviewed before permission is given to approach?

1 minute ago, mugen_power said:

And he'd made it clear on several occasions that Partick were the only team who could turn his head from us, and Lachlan accepted that too

Wonder how he feels about the decision now, given hindsight is 20/20

He did say that but I have my doubts about that too. You can't really question his record though, unlike the power of shite he was prone to talking now and then. 

Doubt he regrets taking the Thistle job at all, maybe at how it all ended for him.