The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Courier reporting Brown was interviewed before. Shortlist of those who impressed was made on Tuesday, and contact made with clubs/targets to confirm compensation costs and invite targets back for 2nd round of interviews, which is where we are now and where Brown has pulled out.

She. Doesn’t. Fancy. You. Don’t make us call the police.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Courier reporting Brown was interviewed before. Shortlist of those who impressed was made on Tuesday, and contact made with clubs/targets to confirm compensation costs and invite targets back for 2nd round of interviews, which is where we are now and where Brown has pulled out.

Some journalists definitely trying to sell papers or get online clicks , 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

That doesn’t particularly make great reading. Suggests the reason he turned it down was because he wasn’t guaranteed to be first choice. 

It's Keith Jackson. As likely to have a grain of truth in it as your horoscope.

Maybe a journalist who is scraping social media and is now trying to save credibility by making up some mad story about interview rounds.

If Brown is going to flash his drawers at every job that becomes available, then Mathie would be as well having a shortlist in his top pocket at all times. 
If he’s desperate to jump ship after being backed to the hilt in the summer with player comings and goings, then he’s as well away. If it is all bollocks, I think he maybe needs a wee chat with Rob McLean this week to set the story straight 

Or maybe Smith has promised him a couple more players. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That doesn’t particularly make great reading. Suggests the reason he turned it down was because he wasn’t guaranteed to be first choice. 

What I took from this is that Keith Jackson is talking absolute jobby.

I’m pretty sure Brown isn’t that thin skinned/arrogant to throw his toys out the pram if clubs have the audacity to interview alternatives, espescially when he’s hardly Arrigo Sacchi.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe a journalist who is scraping social media and is now trying to save credibility by making up some mad story about interview rounds.

If Brown is going to flash his drawers at every job that becomes available, then Mathie would be as well having a shortlist in his top pocket at all times. 
If he’s desperate to jump ship after being backed to the hilt in the summer with player comings and goings, then he’s as well away. If it is all bollocks, I think he maybe needs a wee chat with Rob McLean this week to set the story straight 

Or maybe Smith has promised him a couple more players. 

I suggested this morning that he may be using it as leverage to force smith to get a few more bodies in

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Adeloye isn't coming back no matter how much you wish it. 

Neither is Kirk but I wish he was. 

I rated Adeloye highly when he was here, a rare beacon of hope in a grim season. However I have doubts he would fit the style of intense pressing play Brown clearly favours.

I'd personally take Kirk back in a heartbeat, always looked like he had a bit of class and we looked substantially weaker when he got injured. (a recurring theme the last couple of weeks.....)

Re: Dowds - there will definitely be someone there who fits the bill.   Hard to word it properly, but would we have taken the Anton Dowds on loan signing that we got this time last year as a replacement for the current Anton Dowds?   I suspect it would have been ridiculed as a suggestion.  Must be someone else out there who could come in and just fit the style we need. 

59 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure Kirk has the mobility to play centre half like McMann or Stanger do tbh. 

Kirk and Musonda was our best partnership in years. I can't understand why the guy hasn't got a club, maybe he's injured and we don't know about it?

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Re: Dowds - there will definitely be someone there who fits the bill.   Hard to word it properly, but would we have taken the Anton Dowds on loan signing that we got this time last year as a replacement for the current Anton Dowds?   I suspect it would have been ridiculed as a suggestion.  Must be someone else out there who could come in and just fit the style we need. 

I think they need to work with a combination of Bavidge and McKenzie until January, then reassess when there are more options available. No point using budget on someone now in a very limited market unless they're a clear upgrade.

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

"But Brown has turned them down late after learning that Saints American owners also hope to hold similar talks with at least two alternative candidates. "

"And sources close to Brown believe he would rather withdraw from the process than become part of an American beauty pageant."

These quotes sound like nonsense but I could absolutely believe Brown meeting with the American owners and instantly realising it's a big nope and a complete mismatch for him