The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Why doubt it? Why do we have to pay their full wages? Have you seen the contracts, any proof of this what so ever, or is it your opinion?

You can’t cancel a player’s contract because they get injured.  Speak to the Players Union if you don’t believe me!  

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

You can’t cancel a player’s contract because they get injured.  Speak to the Players Union if you don’t believe me!  

I never said cancel, they would still be employed but on the sick. The majority of private business will only pay SSP. Why would a football club be any different? So if yer oan the sick you get SSP, which the business claims back from gov? And personal injury insurance, in that job roll, seems like a no brainer!? 

5 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I never said cancel, they would still be employed but on the sick. The majority of private business will only pay SSP. Why would a football club be any different? So if yer oan the sick you get SSP, which the business claims back from gov? And personal injury insurance, in that job roll, seems like a no brainer!? 

Pretty sure if you got injured at work they would be liable for your full salary

6 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

There’s a difference between between getting injured at work (a particular risk for a footballer) versus being on sick pay.  

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Pretty sure if you got injured at work they would be liable for your full salary

I would, but then I have full sick pay entitlement upto 6 months. Injury at work, in private company land, is still SSP. You would then have to claim on company insurance or take to court. 

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

There’s a difference between between getting injured at work (a particular risk for a footballer) versus being on sick pay.  

So what is the difference, that's what I'm trying to find out here! Either the company insurance or personal insurance should cover it. You would be on SSP regardless in normal business land. Come at me with facts, not your opinion.

"While you do have some rights after being injured at work, there is no obligation on any employer to pay a staff member their full standard salary if they are off work due to illness or injury – even if it was caused by an accident at work, or materials used at work."

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Hibs in 2 months fires it all up again.

This will be the downside of an ex-OF captain as manager.

I'm glad to have Brown in, he's done well for us but the OF circus has followed him from day 1 and although he's our manager he'll never be anything other than 'sellik legend Scott Brown'.

When he eventually goes I'd be happy to see what Whittaker can do in charge. Still the OF link but much lower profile.

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

So what is the difference, that's what I'm trying to find out here! Either the company insurance or personal insurance should cover it. You would be on SSP regardless in normal business land. Come at me with facts, not your opinion.

Back in the 1920s, it was actually perfectly legal to have a player shot if they broke a leg going for a 50/50 challenge.  

5 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

"While you do have some rights after being injured at work, there is no obligation on any employer to pay a staff member their full standard salary if they are off work due to illness or injury – even if it was caused by an accident at work, or materials used at work."

Lots of companies do pay full salary for a while.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Lots of companies do pay full salary for a while.

Lots don't 🤷 That's what I'm trying to find out? I personally feel, having personally injury insurance will be a clause in the employment contract and that would be a standard thing across the industry? But there's to many opinions and no facts. I don't see the ridiculous wages some down south are on, being covered by the money hungry boards... they will be insured. So why not here? What I'm trying to get to the bottom of, is are we out money because of injury or do we now have spare to spend, because SSP and insurance cover the player wage. Someone on here will know the actual answer surly? 

44 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

The exception being if it's a contractual term. For example, my contract terms say it's "at the firms discretion, however they will honour 6 months full pay unless there are exceptional circumstances"

Typically of you've had multiple periods of sickness, intermittent attendance etc. I've had an employee drop back to SSP, and then no pay as they failed to certify.

So, if it's in the contract, the club will honour that or face the players union dragging them to court.

Regarding insurance, it's bloody expensive. Different leagues etc. but I know when Sunderland were in Division 1 they didn't insure players as the costs were so large. It was more effective to just pay then the standard salary when injured. One specific case was when Luke O' Nien injured his shoulder playing, the then owner stated in a meeting with the fans liaison group that the insurance premiums would have added a large overhead on salaries and they took the view that they'd already budgeted to pay the players anyway.

Edited by Peil
Typos in post

Believe inductance is only used for private surgery needed rather than waiting on an operation via the NHS. Also no footballer in professional football will sign a contract for a club if they are not paid their salary in full in the event of an injury. It’s a completely different kettle of fish to someone working in B and M. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Believe inductance is only used for private surgery needed rather than waiting on an operation via the NHS. Also no footballer in professional football will sign a contract for a club if they are not paid their salary in full in the event of an injury. It’s a completely different kettle of fish to someone working in B and M. 

That's all I qas trying to find out, ta 💪

45 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

They aren’t actually off sick?

They will be at training, whether it’s doing rehab or light sessions etc. on top of that they will attend games too.