The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Did we not pay up Cameron Salkelds contract a few years back but also make sure he was covered for his operation and rehanb, not that I think we should be terminating Dowds contract that's scummy actions.

Definitely shouldn’t be terminating his contract, I would be hoping to retain him next season given his injury 

The last 2 days is prove that fans haven't got much idea how football clubs work day to day and that you don't need to take everything you read as fact because a random person wrote it.

If the fans ran the club the lock on Brown's office door would have been changed before he even spoke to St Johnstone and he'd have been banned from taking a photo with the women from Stewart Travel in case they tried to sell him a holiday or offered him a job. While someone has barricaded themselves in a office shredding the contracts of injured players hoping it absolves them of the need to pay wages and the clubs issues statements everytime McAllister skins his knee.

The St Johnstone Empire biscuits weren't jammy enough for him. 

That's the real reason he didn't leave. Hope this is enough to keep the biscuit purveyors of Ayr on their toes and make sure the jam content never dwindles. If he goes, it's on them.

30 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

The last 2 days is prove that fans haven't got much idea how football clubs work day to day and that you don't need to take everything you read as fact because a random person wrote it.

If the fans ran the club the lock on Brown's office door would have been changed before he even spoke to St Johnstone and he'd have been banned from taking a photo with the women from Stewart Travel in case they tried to sell him a holiday or offered him a job. While someone has barricaded themselves in a office shredding the contracts of injured players hoping it absolves them of the need to pay wages and the clubs issues statements everytime McAllister skins his knee.

We bow to you, oh superior one 🙄🤣

Ask the question, gain the knowledge... kinda how life works. I will always ask the question, even if folk try to belittle you.

I would imagine, not one player at AUFC knows the slightest thing about my job, apart from what they see on TV. I would never try and belittle them because of this, I would answer their questions and not behave in such a happy clapping, I'm the best Ayr fan manor.

2 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

"While you do have some rights after being injured at work, there is no obligation on any employer to pay a staff member their full standard salary if they are off work due to illness or injury – even if it was caused by an accident at work, or materials used at work."

I'm not an employment expert, but I'd assume it works like this:

A contract is an agreement between the player and the club.

The player will agree to do x, y, and z. The club will agree to a, b, c.

Contingencies (e.g. injury) will be detailed in the contract, specifically that the player may not be paid if undertaking an activity out with the agreement (e.g. skiing). Also, see 'disrepute' clauses.

If a player gets injured in training or even by a freak accident, the club will (probably) be obliged to keep paying them, unless it's proven that they caused it by recklessness or malice.

Alternative agreements could include 'pay-as-you-play' agreements for players with poor fitness records.

In practice, unless the club is actively trying to get rid of the player, it'll always pay them - otherwise they'll get a well dodgy reputation.

Also, I'm sure insurance (if they have it) relates to premature retirement from injury. It costs a LOT, so most players at this level likely won't have it.

Long story short, if a player's injured, you still pay him.

Edited by baba douche

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

They aren’t actually off sick?

They will be at training, whether it’s doing rehab or light sessions etc. on top of that they will attend games too. 

This is the key point. SSP isn't relevant if they're still at work.

57 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Ask the question, gain the knowledge... kinda how life works. I will always ask the question, even if folk try to belittle you.

I would imagine, not one player at AUFC knows the slightest thing about my job, apart from what they see on TV. I would never try and belittle them because of this, I would answer their questions and not behave in such a happy clapping, I'm the best Ayr fan manor.

You weren’t “just asking”. You were heavily on the side of us not paying them and being a bit arsey with anyone who didn’t agree.

3 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Question!? Do players not have injury insurance? Point being, the club aren't that out of pocket if we have 3/4 out for the season.... I very much doubt AUFC covers full sick pay, for a full year? So, its Statutory Sick Pay and or insurance? So surly that frees up plenty of cash to bring in players?

Why doubt it? Why do we have to pay their full wages? Have you seen the contracts, any proof of this what so ever, or is it your opinion?

I never said cancel, they would still be employed but on the sick. The majority of private business will only pay SSP. Why would a football club be any different? So if yer oan the sick you get SSP, which the business claims back from gov? And personal injury insurance, in that job roll, seems like a no brainer!? 

I would, but then I have full sick pay entitlement upto 6 months. Injury at work, in private company land, is still SSP. You would then have to claim on company insurance or take to court. 

So what is the difference, that's what I'm trying to find out here! Either the company insurance or personal insurance should cover it. You would be on SSP regardless in normal business land. Come at me with facts, not your opinion.

"While you do have some rights after being injured at work, there is no obligation on any employer to pay a staff member their full standard salary if they are off work due to illness or injury – even if it was caused by an accident at work, or materials used at work."

2 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Lots don't 🤷 That's what I'm trying to find out? I personally feel, having personally injury insurance will be a clause in the employment contract and that would be a standard thing across the industry? But there's to many opinions and no facts. I don't see the ridiculous wages some down south are on, being covered by the money hungry boards... they will be insured. So why not here? What I'm trying to get to the bottom of, is are we out money because of injury or do we now have spare to spend, because SSP and insurance cover the player wage. Someone on here will know the actual answer surly? 

13 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Hi mate. Good to see you posting again. How was physio school?

IIRC I suggested that you should take a physiotherapy course.

In hindsight it's clear that there is absolutely no need for you to do that as you are capable of instant diagnosis of injury just by watching a game of football. I have since heard that the club intend to relieve Stevie of his duties and you can expect a call offering you the new position of Club Soothsayer.

My sincere apologies for ever having doubted you. 

I never said cancel, they would still be employed but on the sick. The majority of private business will only pay SSP. Why would a football club be any different? So if yer oan the sick you get SSP, which the business claims back from gov? And personal injury insurance, in that job roll, seems like a no brainer!? 

Slight difference in contracts you are describing a footballer would not be signing one that doesn’t offer some protection if injured. As for insurance against injury, the cost of that would possibly outweigh the benefit for club or player unless it’s in the Barcelona etc bracket. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

They aren’t actually off sick?

They will be at training, whether it’s doing rehab or light sessions etc. on top of that they will attend games too. 

Correct , they will be doing recuperation  process which is mainly at the club ,reporting on all training days   

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Cool. Don't let me stop you asking questions, getting answers and asking more questions as you don't like the answers.

I have no idea if the players know your job even if they watch TV but they would probably prefer you to belittle them than try to take money off them they are fully entitled to. With that attitude you'll never get this fictional number one Ayr fan badge you think exists.

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Always good to see all the posts after events like this of people claiming everyone is a bed wetter and they were never worried or believed anything……..like there arses weren’t making buttons for most of yesterday 

Scants are still dry. Was more baffled at the mooted prospect that he had went out and applied for the post as opposed to being approached for it.

7 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Scants are still dry. Was more baffled at the mooted prospect that he had went out and applied for the post as opposed to being approached for it.

He’s only been in management for a short time, achieved nothing, not even a giant killing in a cup. So I can see why he wasn’t approached, maybe sounded out to see if he would like to be considered but it wouldn’t make sense to just offer him It unless you were dazzled by Scott Brown the footballer. 
Saint have a new owner and a new perspective, which might have been beneficial for Browns career, or it could have been like Dunfermlines. 
If there hadn’t been articles in the press about it, with specific details it could have been treated as just gossip.