The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m not sure Brown would have got all the benefits of the nee deal. I’m pretty sure Smith would have been majorly pissed off about the whole thing.

Maybe a guarantee he won’t take another job this season and a higher release clause to stop this pantomime every time a job in football comes up for a while. 

One of the problems with the media nowadays is access and not losing it. For anyone to print the stuff they did yesterday must have been fairly confident that Brown was on the move to potentially burn that access. 

The club statement might reflect that the relationship has been burned somewhere. The VORs article came out about 30 minutes after the clubs post, no quotes. 
Normally with this stuff, it’s hot on the heels of the club and has an interview. 

This feels very much like reading far far too much into things to me. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Don't think anyone didn't see that coming after he "pulled out of the running". Used the interest in him to get a nice new increased terms deal for himself and his assistant. Most, if not all in that situation would do the same.

Better terms for the management team and a better compensation fee for Ayr, probably a big enough increase to cover the increase in weekly wage, if they do leave. Win win for everyone connected.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Clubs rarely stand in the way of their manager when a bigger club comes along but you don’t throw the toys out the pram when the manager goes along to hear what they have to say. I’m sure Smith knows that Browns ambitions lie beyond Ayr and he’ll be prepared for that. 

I'd expect every player / coach at the club to have bigger ambitions than being at Ayr. Same goes for probably every club in Scotland.

Surely that's the only way they'd be driven to succeed.

So in summary,he was leaving unless Ayr matched or bettered St Johnstone’s offer.
He has asked the fans & players to buy into the project,yet he was away when the 1st decent job became available?
I’m happy both him & Whittaker have stayed but disappointed he would’ve left so soon

3 minutes ago, United1973 said:

So in summary,he was leaving unless Ayr matched or bettered St Johnstone’s offer.

Be hard for Ayr to "match or better" an offer that was never made.

34 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Would be a little surprised if they got a wage increase in this. Sorta thought of it as a symbolic gesture with a clearer understanding of what would happen if a certain club came in for him. 

To balance this, I'd be surprised if they didn't get a wage increase in this. Bargaining position was far stronger now than when they first arrived.

Scott Brown signs contract extension at Ayr United after turning away from St Johnstone talks

The manager had held talks with Premiership side St Johnstone over their vacant job.

The manager had held talks with Premiership side St Johnstone over their vacant job.

0_Ayr-United-v-Celtic.jpg
Scott Brown has agreed a new deal at Somerset Park(Image: SNS Group)

Scott Brown has agreed to extend his stay at Ayr United after inking a new contract tonight.

The Somerset boss and his assistant, Steven Whittaker, have added a further 12 months to their current deals, which will now expire in 2027.

It follows a whirlwind 24 hours in which Brown spoke to St Johnstone over the vacant manager's role at McDiarmid Park.

The Perth side's new American owner, Adam Webb, held talks with Brown yesterday with the Premiership side putting the Ayr boss among their top candidates for the hotseat.

Scott Brown Explains Why He Got Involved In Debra - The Butterfly Skin Charity

SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS

But after withdrawing from the race, Brown has given a huge boost to his Somerset bosses by signing on the dotted line for a prolonged period.

Ayr chairman David Smith and managing director, Graeme Mathie, have moved quickly today to put a new deal in place which has Brown signed up for the next three seasons. 

A club statement read: "Ayr United can confirm that Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker have signed extended contracts at Somerset Park until 2027."

Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker's new Ayr United deals prove Somerset Park is good place to be says owner David Smith

The United owner has spoken of his delight at extending the stay of his highly regarded management team.

0_AMP_SDR_040724_BROWN_00014.jpg
Chairman David Smith with first team boss Scott Brown(Image: Alasdair MacLeod/Daily Record)

AYR chairman David Smith says Scott Brown's new deal proves Somerset Park is a place to flourish.

United's manager has tonight inked a contract extension that will keep both him and assistant Steven Whittaker in place until 2027.

SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS

It follows Brown turning his back on interest from Premiership St Johnstone to stay put and lead Ayr's Championship charge.

And United owner Smith believes it's all the proof he needs that the Honest Men are on the right track.

Ayr United v Celtic - Pre-season friendly preview

He told the Ayrshire Post: "Both Scott and Steven have oozed class since the day they walked through the door and have been brilliant guys to deal with. So it was a no-brainer to get this done and keep pushing on together. 

SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS

"A Premiership club showing interest in our manager is flattering - but it's also huge validation of what we have here that Scott should choose to stay.

"He clearly enjoys the working environment and the people. Everyone here is pulling in the same direction and we're a club on the up.

"Scott and Steven are a fantastic, hard working, professional team and I'm looking forward to seeing where they can take us."

15 minutes ago, United1973 said:

He has asked the fans & players to buy into the project,yet he was away when the 1st decent job became available?
I’m happy both him & Whittaker have stayed but disappointed he would’ve left so soon

No, he's heard St Johnstone out on what their project is and thinks it's not as good as the one he is involved in. 

11 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Scott Brown signs contract extension at Ayr United after turning away from St Johnstone talks

0_Ayr-United-v-Celtic.jpg

Scott Brown has agreed a new deal at Somerset Park(Image: SNS Group)

Scott Brown has agreed to extend his stay at Ayr United after inking a new contract tonight.

The Somerset boss and his assistant, Steven Whittaker, have added a further 12 months to their current deals, which will now expire in 2027.

It follows a whirlwind 24 hours in which Brown spoke to St Johnstone over the vacant manager's role at McDiarmid Park.

The Perth side's new American owner, Adam Webb, held talks with Brown yesterday with the Premiership side putting the Ayr boss among their top candidates for the hotseat.

Scott Brown Explains Why He Got Involved In Debra - The Butterfly Skin Charity

SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS

But after withdrawing from the race, Brown has given a huge boost to his Somerset bosses by signing on the dotted line for a prolonged period.

Ayr chairman David Smith and managing director, Graeme Mathie, have moved quickly today to put a new deal in place which has Brown signed up for the next three seasons. 

A club statement read: "Ayr United can confirm that Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker have signed extended contracts at Somerset Park until 2027."

5 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker's new Ayr United deals prove Somerset Park is good place to be says owner David Smith

The United owner has spoken of his delight at extending the stay of his highly regarded management team.

0_AMP_SDR_040724_BROWN_00014.jpg

Chairman David Smith with first team boss Scott Brown(Image: Alasdair MacLeod/Daily Record)

AYR chairman David Smith says Scott Brown's new deal proves Somerset Park is a place to flourish.

United's manager has tonight inked a contract extension that will keep both him and assistant Steven Whittaker in place until 2027.

SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS

It follows Brown turning his back on interest from Premiership St Johnstone to stay put and lead Ayr's Championship charge.

And United owner Smith believes it's all the proof he needs that the Honest Men are on the right track.

Ayr United v Celtic - Pre-season friendly preview

He told the Ayrshire Post: "Both Scott and Steven have oozed class since the day they walked through the door and have been brilliant guys to deal with. So it was a no-brainer to get this done and keep pushing on together. 

SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS

"A Premiership club showing interest in our manager is flattering - but it's also huge validation of what we have here that Scott should choose to stay.

"He clearly enjoys the working environment and the people. Everyone here is pulling in the same direction and we're a club on the up.

"Scott and Steven are a fantastic, hard working, professional team and I'm looking forward to seeing where they can take us."

If Dryhorce is lurking he'll never be able to read these :lol:

16 minutes ago, Iain said:

To balance this, I'd be surprised if they didn't get a wage increase in this. Bargaining position was far stronger now than when they first arrived.

I get that with what happened yesterday, but despite the good start they still haven't accomplished anything and I don't really like the idea of handing out improved contracts without that element to them. 

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I get that with what happened yesterday, but despite the good start they still haven't accomplished anything and I don't really like the idea of handing out improved contracts without that element to them. 

Anyone who can get a tune out of Nick and Paddy and have us sitting top of the league deserves all they can get.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be hard for Ayr to "match or better" an offer that was never made.

Don't think an offer was made but St Johnstone begging him to change his mind suggests an offer was going to be made. 

47 minutes ago, United1973 said:

I think this is very far from what happened, Raith and St Johnstone have both came up and he’s still here ! 

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Don't think an offer was made but St Johnstone begging him to change his mind suggests an offer was going to be made. 

When did the "begging" happen?