The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We have a brilliant record in this tournament. Have won our last 8 group stage games. 

Yeah but as D'Jaffo has already said this is the most difficult group we've faced so far, well on paper anyway. Even though Falkirk are in league 1 they've splashed the cash and could potentially have a better squad than some at the bottom of the chanpionship. Still like to hope we can beat Falkirk as will take time for them to gel with so many players.

I see that Chris Erskine wasn't part of the livingston squad today for their pre season game in Hungary which is interesting, wonder if he's maybe not in their plans for this season or just a case of he wasn't fit.

Wouldn't be surprised if McCall is trying to continue the Partick reunion, think he was annoyed he lost out to him in January.

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Adding Erskine, Doohan and other winger/forward and I'd be very happy with the squad. I think we could push for top half again, could we do with another RB maybe but we have Ferguson, Geggan and Doc who can play RB at a push.

McCalls shopping list is a GK (Doohan), Defender (RB), Midfieders (CM & Winger) and a Striker.

We’ve won all our LC group stages matches apart from one when St Mirren beat us in 16/17.

However I’m not really sure what to expect of Livi and I’m treating Falkirk as a Championship team given the players they’ve brought in over the summer. We should be taking 6 points from Berwick and Stranraer though.

6 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Aye this is their fourth. They were relegated in May 2016. 

Biggest budget in the league but...

Rumour goes they had the fifth biggest budget in the Country last season...

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Apparently Livingston are interested in Doohan, uh oh.

They signed a keeper on loan from Aston Villa a few days ago, so not sure they'd be loaning two keepers.

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Trying to get this topic back on track, how many signings do yous think we are likely to see before Berwick in two weeks time?

I'm going for three.  Doohan and one other loan signing and one actual signing.

6 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'm going for three.  Doohan and one other loan signing and one actual signing.

Aye, that’s what I’m hoping for also with another 2 signings to follow if we qualify for the last 16 of the league cup. 

Does anybody think the longer it goes on with Shankland not signing for someone that there's an ever so slight chance of him returning to Somerset? Would be pretty embarrassing for him to come back to 'diddy' Ayr United after all these big clubs were after him however i'm pretty sure he said he wouldn't leave Ayr for another championship so maybe Dundee United won't appeal to him regardless of money. Personally i can never see him coming back for next season but you never know, stranger things have happened.

Does anybody think the longer it goes on with Shankland not signing for someone that there's an ever so slight chance of him returning to Somerset? Would be pretty embarrassing for him to come back to 'diddy' Ayr United after all these big clubs were after him however i'm pretty sure he said he wouldn't leave Ayr for another championship so maybe Dundee United won't appeal to him regardless of money. Personally i can never see him coming back for next season but you never know, stranger things have happened.

Wishful thinking imo.

23 minutes ago, rb123! said:

There is more chance of myself, you and D’Jaffo lining up against Berwick as there is Shankland coming back. 

Hahaha