The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Need Doohan back or a n other goalie brought in before the real fitba starts . Hare-reid no where near ready for Championship level football . Be ok as a back-up and warm-up goalie just now .

I wouldn’t imagine Lennon would arse McCall about like Rangers did with McCrorie last year. He’ll know by now if he’s coming or not and it’ll be a case of letting him get some training and game time with them over there and when they’re back in the next few weeks join up. 

I remember we played millwall at home .we won 4-3 .
I dont remember the Millwall game but remember going to games at Somerset against Arsenal, Blackburn, Bristol City (or maybe it was Rovers?), Newcastle, Man Utd youth and Rotherham.

Quite like a friendly against the auld enemy.

Not sure how you can say that. No one knows how good (or bad) Robby McCrorie would of been. 

True but young goalies on loan are a big gamble (see Ruddy) and I seriously doubt he would’ve been as good as Doohan.

He wasn’t any more than decent with Morton.

First competitive game, yes.
Didn't he let a Tidser free kick squirm through early on suggesting we were getting more of the same?
And the rest is history.
Correct. From the north terrace it looked soft but he played well that day.

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not sure how you can say that. No one knows how good (or bad) Robby McCrorie would of been. 

Thought McCrorie played well whenever  I saw him. Both very good goalies with a chance of going far in the game. Obviously would  prefer Doohan after last seasons performances but would happily take McCrorie if we can’t get him back

35 minutes ago, ftk said:

I dont remember the Millwall game but remember going to games at Somerset against Arsenal, Blackburn, Bristol City (or maybe it was Rovers?), Newcastle, Man Utd youth and Rotherham.

Quite like a friendly against the auld enemy.

Add to that list: Portsmouth, Northampton, Reading, Sheffield United and Chesterfield as teams who have also visited Somerset.

Remember the Arsenal game well as old Davie Harkness binned me before that game as a ballboy. Broke my heart, though I was in my twenties then to be fair to him.

I think we maybe played Coventry at Somerset in the mid 90's and they had a few 'names' playing - got a vague memory of being at it and some of their players seeming like absolute giants!

More recently I think we playee Bolton at Somerset but I didnt go to that.  

Pretty sure my last friendly was that Man U game as well.  With the Betfred starting so early and having a generally pretty mixed standard of opposition I think its a bit of a piss take for clubs like us to be charging admission to see games v the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell so im glad we don't bother anymore. 

Only way Doohan will not be back is if Gordon is injured or asks for a transfer , no signings imminent as McCall not back from his holiday yet , and before the moaners get in saying training has started why is he not here , he had lots of contracts to tie up before he could go on a break and he has a more than capable ma garment team 

Only way Doohan will not be back is if Gordon is injured or asks for a transfer , no signings imminent as McCall not back from his holiday yet , and before the moaners get in saying training has started why is he not here , he had lots of contracts to tie up before he could go on a break and he has a more than capable ma garment team 

Sandy Stewart is an experienced coach who’s worked with players in the English top flight. I’m more than comfortable with him looking after training for a week or so.

I’m hoping though McCall will have an idea of who’s signing when he returns though.

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not convinced we’re getting Doohan back. Some players who weren’t part of NL plans this season were sent home from their training camp. He is still there. 

McCall appeared convinced and he knows more than all of us so that's good enough for me.

16 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Considering that was the Celtic lineup I don't think being involved in the games in this tour is particularly worrying re: Doohan not being loaned out. 

Screenshot_2019-07-02-17-09-30.png

More interestingly, why the Hell are the Celtic first team squad playing against a mediocre Swiss outfits U21 side ??

Rather bizarre surely ?

They'd have been just as well lining up against any Ayrshire Junior outfit and that would have saved them the travelling !!

Edited by WATTOO