The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Having Jordan Hart in goal makes such a difference to the overall confidence shown at the back - he looks solid and didn't put a foot wrong. A great performance from the whole team and encouraging signs for the season ahead  if this level of competition can be maintained. 

Quite rightly the likes of Roberts, McKernon, Osadolor, Lachlan, Hart and McLauchlan are getting the plaudits for their performances so far, but I think Mortimer is worthy of special mention after last night too. He was clearly asked by Gus to play in a right wing role with a heavy emphasis on defensive duties, and whilst clearly not suited to that role you can't fault the boy for lack of effort. Three times he went down with what looked like agonising cramp, and each time he flung himself into full length stretching tackles shortly afterwards knowing full well the likely outcome.

Another example of a player who clearly doesn't want to play for "bully-boy" Macpherson who has yet to receive credit from the usual suspects for what he has done so far this season. Yes it's early days and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but I've said all along that the man should be judged on where we stand at the end of September. However, what he has achieved so far in terms of getting a solid defence and a midfield that's gelling is nothing short of remarkable, and we can add goals to the mix then I'll be significantly revising my expectations upwards.

Unfortunate that our first league match is away to Peterhead, and that we might conceivably be near the foot of the table after week 1, but I trust if that's the case that the "resign MacPherson" bandwagon won't be rolled out and that he has already proved he can defy the odds and build an exciting new team from scratch.

Says a lot about the character of Mortimer that he was struggling to get around the pitch at the end and still put himself forward to dispatch a penalty. A night of no negatives in terms of performance and application from everyone.

Says a lot about the character of Mortimer that he was struggling to get around the pitch at the end and still put himself forward to dispatch a penalty. A night of no negatives in terms of performance and application from everyone.
That penalty might be the turning point for Mortimer. Hope it is because he never gives less than his all.

Great battling performance last night and unlucky to lose.*Struggled to see who was the full time team at times.  Very difficult game against a Clarke inspired Killie to come at the weekend, I'm sure they'll show more quality than we saw last night from St Mirren. But if we show the same determination, application and organisation we can give them a game.

* I know we drew In 90mins.

Edited by PASSANDMOVE

You mean people were all over the place trying to get a decent view ? Tell them not to bother there ain't one
I suppose when your team are getting pumped rotten by the mighty QP, every view would be a pish one.

Next time you're due to come to Hampden, put the admission money on QP tanning your mob rather than attending. Then you don't need to whine like an old maid about the view again and you get a couple of quid to spoil yourself. Sounds like win, win for you.

You can buy me a pint with your winnings.

I suppose when your team are getting pumped rotten by the mighty QP, every view would be a pish one.

Next time you're due to come to Hampden, put the admission money on QP tanning your mob rather than attending. Then you don't need to whine like an old maid about the view again and you get a couple of quid to spoil yourself. Sounds like win, win for you.

You can buy me a pint with your winnings.
And breathe

Sorry still doesn't change the fact that views at hampden are awful

Last time Clyde were at Hampden.

Did not go                                                                                                                    : saved £10

Did not buy a snack:                                                                                               :saved £12

Did not hire telescope                                                                                           :saved £10

Put the admission money on Clyde winning                                             :won  £35

Win, win, win, win for ol' Larry

Last time Clyde were at Hampden.
Did not go                                                                                                                    : saved £10
Did not buy a snack:                                                                                               :saved £12
Did not hire telescope                                                                                           :saved £10
Put the admission money on Clyde winning                                             :won  £35
 Win, win, win, win for ol' Larry

You forgot to mention the money you put on Clyde winning the play off final. Or did you see sense and put that money on QP?

Gus and his team appear to have assembled a right good squad with a decent blend of young hungry boys and a few older heads who are maybe late bloomers.

So far think he’s used his squad schrewdly and still some to return from injury and get up to speed.

Been really impressed with the squads fitness levels and no signs of weariness as games progress to latter stage.

Like other contributors have highlighted there have been many excellent individual  performances however for me the defence so far has stood out and no real surprise about Gibby and McLaughlan who are tried and tested but both full backs have been excellent.Dont know who can replace Lachlan at RB as the other night he just got better and better as the game went on...he must be one hell of a midfielder.On the other flank Summers is maybe more offensive but deserves great credit for his contribution todate.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
2 hours ago, an86 said:
We’re just a Stephen O’Donnell level player away from being contenders.

Him and Stephen O'Brien would be the Dream Team.

Who can forget the dream team of 2000? The “O” Brothers. Halcyon days.