Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

The bottom line is we're just not very good. We don't create chances and we don't score goals. The manager has worked wonders with a limited squad and I'm just relieved we're not finishing 10th tbh.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The bottom line is we're just not very good. We don't create chances and we don't score goals. The manager has worked wonders with a limited squad and I'm just relieved we're not finishing 10th tbh.

Exactly . He’s only got 2 strikers and to be honest they are not very good .

that boy fae Motherwell is shocking and Munro isn’t great

If they finish in the play off spots, it's a remarkable turnaround, given the state Irvine left us in. Not forgetting the players he brought in the RMcK shipped out for being woeful.

Assuming the manager stays, I'd feel mildly confident he would make the right signings in the summer to actually challenge for the title, as opposed to what the previous incumbent thought. 

Given the state we were in, what McKinnon has done is outstanding. Sure, it would be (and still can be) great to be involved in the play-offs but I'll take staying in this league and give McKinnon the time to build a team for next season. I still shudder to think of where Forfar would be if the Board had stuck with Irvine and his "style" of football.

19 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

I still shudder to think of where Forfar would be if the Board had stuck with Irvine and his "style" of football.

13 hours ago, C_titz said:

Mind when we had 20 steen Doris up front 

7 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

And Harkins on the wing 🙈

giphy.gif

Ideal scenario for today: Forfar scud Bonnyrigg who go bottom (still not over their songs after they stole a draw in November) 

Stirling beat Annan and go into full party, beach mode next week

Dumbarton rediscover form and batter east Fife.

alternatively, if none of this happens I want Brechin to lose so at least I can laugh at them  (actually kinda want them to come up but will be vefunny if they don’t.)

49 minutes ago, lwh said:

Ideal scenario for today: Forfar scud Bonnyrigg who go bottom (still not over their songs after they stole a draw in November) 

Stirling beat Annan and go into full party, beach mode next week

Dumbarton rediscover form and batter east Fife.

This /\

16 minutes ago, speedframe said:

Who to keep for next season. 

Put yourself in the position of a 1st/2nd division boss.  Of the players stripped yesterday who do think would be a good addition to improve your squad?

I've got McCallum & Thomson so far,  and then .....

McClusky, Ross, Armour, Nditi, Munro and possibly Brindley

Get Arnott and Mahady in on loan from Raith

No idea about the rest though 🙄

25 minutes ago, speedframe said:

Who to keep for next season. 

Put yourself in the position of a 1st/2nd division boss.  Of the players stripped yesterday who do think would be a good addition to improve your squad?

I've got McCallum & Thomson so far,  and then .....

Of those striped yesterday only those two, rest are not good enough. Would keep Nditi and Slater as well though he seems off elsewhere. 

I'd definitely have Hutchinson as first choice in any team. Seb Ross, Finn Robson, Craig Thomson. Roberto Nditi (🥰) would also feature. Slater obv. 

Controversy time - McCallum needs a good kick up the arse. He's bloody good but getting a bit too complacent, so rest him and get in a goalie who'll put real pressure on him.

Ross has been anonymous everytime I've seen him. McCluskey has been brutal for about 18 months. I don't get what people see in Robson, really poor again yesterday. I'd have Moore ahead of him and that's saying something.

The squad needs totally gutted.