Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 minute ago, lwh said:

Very confident that Ray will have a capable striker or two lined up, no need to panic. Transfer window only opened today 

You're probably right, just doesn't help that there's been no goalscorers announced yet when other teams have or already had some.😅😭

9 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Apart from Ray having to deal with a serious personal issue and clubs in the lowland league offering 1k per week, we may have to bide our time, also heard Stenny paying over top dollar...

Wasn't aware Ray had a personal matter to attend over the last month. With Stenny happy to splash the cash, I guess that'll make them the bookies favourite. Imagine that, Matty Aitken winning the league!

14 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Wasn't aware Ray had a personal matter to attend over the last month. With Stenny happy to splash the cash, I guess that'll make them the bookies favourite. Imagine that, Matty Aitken winning the league!

Aitken and Kirkpatrick… will be another underwhelming season for them I expect

1 hour ago, lwh said:

Aitken and Kirkpatrick… will be another underwhelming season for them I expect

Not a strike force to win the league anyway, if its true that some new signings are on 500 a week then it's shows just how bonkers and how hard it is for teams like ours to sign quality players.

28 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Not a strike force to win the league anyway, if its true that some new signings are on 500 a week then it's shows just how bonkers and how hard it is for teams like ours to sign quality players.

We've always been relying on our reputation over money anyway.

20 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Lewis Milne just signed for Stirling, thought he could have been coming back.

A good player and maybe was a possibility that he could have come back but chose playing at a higher level for more money.

16 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

I know after hearing rumors about how he was off the pitch especially last season that people here were put off Russell McLean (me included), However it's been a couple weeks and we haven't announced a striker yet and he's not signed anywhere either. he's also one of few free agent strikers about right now so at this stage I'd take him, but only if it's as the backup or squad player cause despite never being fit for a full season he does have a decent goal record over his career.

No just no, harmonious dressing rooms win, negative bad attitude players don’t. I don’t rate him as a player and rather play Andy Munro as centre forward than sign that lazy git.

Edited by theSilverFox

14 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

A good player and maybe was a possibility that he could have come back but chose playing at a higher level for more money.

No just no, harmonious dressing rooms win, negative bad attitude players don’t. I don’t rate him as a player and rather play Andy Munro as centre forward than sign that lazy git.

If you get the right child psychologist McLean could do a job for you.

19 hours ago, lwh said:

Very confident that Ray will have a capable striker or two lined up, no need to panic. Transfer window only opened today 

i'm riding this horse. loads of players getting relised and contracts for loans just now.......hold the raines lads.

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

That's Mark Stowe just signed for Arbroath, wasn't expecting that big of a jump up for him yet.

I noticed that too. The lad who had an anonymous trial with us, 3 years later joins a championship side!

41 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Here's a question, purely to generate discussion.

With Slater off to the coast. Who will be captain for next season?

Darren Whyte was the Vice Captain last season. However, I think it'll be Andy Munro or maybe Whatley.

Yeah been wondering the same, initial thought was that Whatley would come in and take the armband, but if not then nothing against Andy because he's good at being vocal but I'd like to see Whyte get it for the same reason that meechan and slater had it, because he's a good pro that leads by example.

6 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Here's a question, purely to generate discussion.

With Slater off to the coast. Who will be captain for next season?

Darren Whyte was the Vice Captain last season. However, I think it'll be Andy Munro or maybe Whatley.

Depends if Andy will actually start considering the amount of defensive signings we’ve made, McCallum could possibly take the armband but not much people are keen on Keeper captains.

Currently if Munro will be starting I would definitely have him as skipper, may still bring in a player that’s better captain material.

17 hours ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Depends if Andy will actually start considering the amount of defensive signings we’ve made, McCallum could possibly take the armband but not much people are keen on Keeper captains.

Currently if Munro will be starting I would definitely have him as skipper, may still bring in a player that’s better captain material.

Has to be McCallum for me. Longest serving player, hometown boy and probably still our best player. Everything you want in a captain imo 

4 hours ago, lwh said:

Has to be McCallum for me. Longest serving player, hometown boy and probably still our best player. Everything you want in a captain imo 

I'm not sure any of those things mean he would make a good captain.

Whatley  was captain at Arbroath for years, I'd imagine for a good reason.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz