Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

27 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Interesting people agree with a lazy opinion of a visiting queen of the south fan over making their own detailed opinion on why they disagree with what I said?

As you'll have noticed, there are some forfar fans on this forum that like to believe they know more about football than others & thus like the smell of their own farts.

16 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Of course I'd have slater and everyone who treated us with respect back if they would be good for the team and make sense.

Someone like Swankie for example with how he left and treated the club, no chance.

You're clearly missing the point.

Clearly..

14 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Of course I'd have slater and everyone who treated us with respect back if they would be good for the team and make sense.

Someone like Swankie for example with how he left and treated the club, no chance.

One thing to take from the Donald interview is that Ray has obviously been open from day one that if a full time offer came in he would like to explore it . 

aye I’m a bit pissed off at the timing of it, the false statement about him choosing fgr wasn’t for him and just await his departure in the coming months but if true he’s said the above from the start and the club accepted that then what else is there to say? 

Just now, C_titz said:

One thing to take from the Donald interview is that Ray has obviously been open from day one that if a full time offer came in he would like to explore it . 

aye I’m a bit pissed off at the timing of it, the false statement about him choosing fgr wasn’t for him and just await his departure in the coming months but if true he’s said the above from the start and the club accepted that then what else is there to say? 

Alistair Donald would've been better saying nothing. I probably would've preferred silence, instead we got the utter fiction that Ray chose forfar over FGR.

He stayed because the job offer clearly disappeared with Ferguson. At least be honest about it.

4 minutes ago, C_titz said:

The club are ultimately wrong for hiring him in the first place or make it clear it was untill the end of the season.

Edited by ScottishLoon

18 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Swankie refused to play for us while under contract to force a move. In what way is McKinnon’s situation similar?

If you believe the club they have an agreement he can speak to other clubs for a full time job ( quite rightly what right have we to restrict an employee trying to improve his job?) and he did so.

For those that want him gone can you suggest who we get in?

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

The club are ultimately wrong for hiring him in the first place or make it clear it was untill the end of the season.

He kept us up as we were a sinking ship, it wasn’t until the end of season 

Just now, nofixedability said:

Please see my several dozen posts of "announce Mcinally"

Just now, TheClosingArguement said:

I think mcinally would be a good fit for us personally too but it’s maybe a better idea for Ray to bugger off to a bigger job a couple months into the season when the squads built 

4 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Swankie refused to play for us while under contract to force a move. In what way is McKinnon’s situation similar?

If you believe the club they have an agreement he can speak to other clubs for a full time job ( quite rightly what right have we to restrict an employee trying to improve his job?) and he did so.

Sorry but the argument of "who would you get to replace him then" is completely obsolete and childish, especially since we were all thinking it and expecting someone new until the statement came out yesterday.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 minute ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Fair enough, but I think McKinnon will do a better job with these players than McInally  would.

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

Sorry but the argument of "who would you get to replace him then" is completely obsolete and childish, 

Wasn’t an argument, was a question. 

Away from this debate....

Yassss what a signing boys a baller

Right foot, left foot, scores and assists for fun and good at set pieces.

😁😁😁

I recommend people go watch his highlights at lochee and tayport.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Fair enough, but I think McKinnon will do a better job with these players than McInally  would.

He likely will, but Mcinally has made it very clear he wants a job locally, which in turn could bring long term stability.

Timing sucked. That was, I believe, most peoples issue. The way I look at it, if FGR had come in for RMcK after their season had ended, then that would be fine. But it happened on the eve of the 1st preseason game, in the middle of signing talks with players.

If RMcK is committed to Forfar, him still being in charge is fine. Most now believe, rightly, that he isn't committed, even in the short term.

I'd rather have someone who wanted to stay for the season. I don't think I'm wrong for holding that opinion.