Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Poor from McCallum for that free kick.

but he’s getting his mistakes out of his system before the season starts, I like it. 

What was the score 

Decent work out today, thought the trialists Blacklock and Mahady looked decent when they came on but not sure if they should be kept or not. No Whyte, Hutchinson or Thomson today so hopefully they were just unavailable instead of injured.

Just now, fafc1885 said:

Decent work out today, thought the trialists Blacklock and Mahady looked decent when they came on but not sure if they should be kept or not. No Whyte, Hutchinson or Thomson today so hopefully they were just unavailable instead of injured.

Whyte has a minor injury apparently.

Thomson’s on holiday.

Unsure about Hutchinson & Munro but I’m sure they were in the stands today though. 

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon

Pretty impressive football on show today just missed that final ball or finish quite a few times, thought the trialists had a few good moments too.

Biggest things that stood out was the work rate/fitness and how noticeably vocal everyone was and encouraging each other, been a while since we've had a team being that vocal.

Hope Morrison is alright and not injured given his history.

Edited by ScottishLoon

Headed along to the game after attending the transport extravaganza at Glamis castle in the morning. Impressed with Forfar, some crisp passing, good movement throughout the game. 

Looked like you changed to a back three at half time and lost the goal soon after although it was a free kick with the keeper probably at fault for.
Trialist number 16 looked good, 

2-1 score line flattered Formartine.  

Must be hopeful a good season. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Looking forward to seeing more of Nditi and Brindley racing forward especially with Skelly in the middle to aim for. Feel that Moore is really going to be a force this season. The No. 16 trialist also impressed - any more info? Fine first half with the team holding good shape, good team performance, with the second half more a runabout. The upcoming cup games should be more of an indication of the way forward but given the debacle of the other week, it's looking quite good.

1 minute ago, Dan Steele said:

Looking forward to seeing more of Nditi and Brindley racing forward especially with Skelly in the middle to aim for. Feel that Moore is really going to be a force this season. The No. 16 trialist also impressed - any more info? Fine first half with the team holding good shape, good team performance, with the second half more a runabout. The upcoming cup games should be more of an indication of the way forward but given the debacle of the other week, it's looking quite good.

Aye it's been mentioned a couple times I think but he's Cammy blacklock who was released from dundee, can play centre mid and on the left. good energy about him and Dundee have a knack of producing good midfielders recently.

So with the squad getting to it's mostly complete stage it would seem, here's how we're looking - 

GK - McCallum, Paris 

RB - Nditi 

CB - Morrison, Allan, Hutchinson, Munro, Whyte 

LB - Brindley 

RM - Thomson, Watson (Watson can play ST)

CM - Moore, Inglis, Whatley 

LM - 

CAM - Ross, Paterson  (both can play off the wing)

ST - Skelly 

I think overall we're looking good, 4 players at least still needed though IMO - 

Option at LB/RB - maybe LB more than a RB despite Brindley looking better.

LM - nobody can play their naturally like Thomson can on the right.

CM - not sure which type right now.

ST - despite being a fan of Skelly we still need another.

Despite still being an unknown at this level I really think Paterson has to be a starter somehow based on his goalscoring and creativity, not just from his past at the juniors but how he's looked so far in the friendlies.

Edited by ScottishLoon

45 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

We still need a left winger, and I'd like an actual left back over Brindley. Definitely need another centre forward but imagine after or during the league cup we'll bring in 3 or 4 loanees 

Yeah it takes a while for clubs to decide who's available for loan these days.

13 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

We still need a left winger, and I'd like an actual left back over Brindley. Definitely need another centre forward but imagine after or during the league cup we'll bring in 3 or 4 loanees 

Needing 1 or 2 back up full backs overall because remember Nditi is suspended for the opening game of the season 

3 hours ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Needing 1 or 2 back up full backs overall because remember Nditi is suspended for the opening game of the season 

Oh yeah tried blocking that farce of a red card out my mind, could see Allan slotting in there if we don't like he did for Montrose or even Whatley 

Edited by ScottishLoon