Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

It doesn't work like that anymore, we played mostly in white away even at teams like east Fife and stenny where the blue wouldn't clash.

So you're telling me that, in your opinion, despite full knowledge of the home teams kit colour in advance, the kitman would pack the away kit and not the home kit?

Dearie me.

2 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

So you're telling me that, in your opinion, despite full knowledge of the home teams kit colour in advance, the kitman would pack the away kit and not the home kit?

Dearie me.

It's not even an opinion tbh that's been football in general for quite a while there's plenty of evidence 

Edited by ScottishLoon

Just now, RateofKnots said:

Except when there's an obvious clash.

Of course if we're playing Dumbarton or Clyde etc away we wouldn't be wearing a white kit because they play in white at home.

Away kits for most clubs are thought of as another option to make money from  and give people a differently designed kit or colour to wear, obviously they try to avoid kit clashes too much as well.

Overall my point is if 4 teams in our league primarily wear white home kits it's the worst colour of away kit you can have this season for kit clashes and people are bored of white shirts.

Of course if we're playing Dumbarton or Clyde etc away we wouldn't be wearing a white kit because they play in white at home.

Away kits for most clubs are thought of as another option to make money from  and give people a differently designed kit or colour to wear, obviously they try to avoid kit clashes too much as well.

Overall my point is if 4 teams in our league primarily wear white home kits it's the worst colour of away kit you can have this season for kit clashes and people are bored of white shirts.

I mean, you're wrong with one of the 4 teams you named, for a start. 

And it's not the worst, it's the worst in your opinion because you seem to think teams should wear their away kit every other week.

Just now, RateofKnots said:

I mean, you're wrong with one of the 4 teams you named, for a start. 

And it's not the worst, it's the worst in your opinion because you seem to think teams should wear their away kit every other week.

I don't think they should at all, that's just what some clubs do.

It's also sometimes a deal with their kit supplier that they wear a kit a certain amount of times.

I don't think they should at all, that's just what some clubs do.

It's also sometimes a deal with their kit supplier that they wear a kit a certain amount of times.

Ha. I doubt pendle give two hoots. They bank the cash and renew the Microsoft paint license they use to create new kits

25 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Well it appears a resolution has been made. Pendle catalogue, boring. White - meh.

Watch the club go and blow us away with an amazing new away kit now! 😆

It'll turn out there was a whole different fashionable and trendy Pendle catalogue to choose from this whole time.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

Not this year clyde don’t- we’re in red- and in maroon for away kit 😂😂😂😂

This came out of nowhere!

Just walked past the stadium and it says Alpha Projects Stadium Home of Forfar Athletic. 

We've gone and sold our naming rights!

No stand for David McGregor more likely it'll be Hunters the Jewellers Stand.