Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

3 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Absolutely tremendous! Not much else to say. Best local derby victory I've seen for a long, long time. 

2 of the best in a space of a week. Sensational

Nothing beats when you wake up in the morning and check the scores to see a comfortable win against a Championship hoofers.

Walking into work giving everyone a good morning, was even tempted to hive five the boss.

How times have changed in 12 months.

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Nothing beats when you wake up in the morning and check the scores to see a comfortable win against a Championship hoofers.

Walking into work giving everyone a good morning, was even tempted to hive five the boss.

How times have changed in 12 months.

Lots of praise quite rightly for every player last night but the Manager cannot be forgotten. Brought a mix of young and not quite so young, mainly local players, got them fit and playing together as any Forfar team for many years.

Just now, terracingtam said:

Lots of praise quite rightly for every player last night but the Manager cannot be forgotten. Brought a mix of young and not quite so young, mainly local players, got them fit and playing together as any Forfar team for many years.

If he's still here in May, he can have some praise.

1 hour ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Now that the diddies of the group have been disposed of I expect a baws oot performance in Paisley.

Nothing to lose, confidence high. Cautiously optimistic we won’t get spanked

Thought we were excellent last night in all areas. Moore, as mentioned was tremendous given that is not his normal position. The difference when a team has an actual striker that competes and holds a ball up to them is night and day to what we were doing last season, you can tell the other players actually think the may get it back when the ball is played forward.

Think it will come down to other results whether we qualify or not but whatever, the three games certainly suggest that we will be a completely different proposition this season and should be challenging at the top if we continue to perform as we have.

I've watched all your highlights so far, and I have to say that I really like the look of Josh Skelly. I'm always a bit suspicious of players who have scored a stupid number of goals at a lower level, very few seem to make the step up. But from the highlights he seems like a guy with a bit of everything. It might just be the hairline, but the way he controls the ball, his layoffs and his finish last night gives me prime Liam Boyce at Ross County flashbacks.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the league. It feels like the onus is really on him to be your goalscorer this year, and so far he looks very comfortable in that role.