Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

5 minutes ago, lwh said:

Surely for Ray’s reputation he’s here for the season now. Would be a P.R disaster if he upped and left again. If he makes it to May I think we’ll be champions 

Absolutely. I know he's got form but coming so quick after the FGR "move" (and I still can't get my head round that episode) wouldn't do him any favours at all.

Just now, Dan Steele said:

Absolutely. I know he's got form but coming so quick after the FGR "move" (and I still can't get my head round that episode) wouldn't do him any favours at all.

Not sure he's bothered.  I suspect he'll be away long before May, particularly if we are doing well.

The ideal but unlikely scenario is that ray decides he's happy at the club and maybe looks at getting a decent payed job outside of football a bit like Petrie does with Montrose.

The unfortunate but possible situation is that if we're going really well but full time clubs like queen of the south, Hamilton or even cove are having a bad season and sack their manager then you'd think ray would be high on the shortlist.

On to the possible positives: The fact he's been at quite a few of full time clubs already would rule out going back to those clubs again. Giving his reputation for moving clubs so often maybe that reputation has caught up to him slightly when you consider he won the league at queen's park but couldn't get a job off the back of it.

Edited by ScottishLoon

C'mon to f**k guys, we're just a 5 walking tall with a 9 just now, once she leaves, her sweet arse will be gone, but her sex toys will stay with us for a while longer,

enjoy it  ffs

2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

C'mon to f**k guys, we're just a 5 walking tall with a 9 just now, once she leaves, her sweet arse will be gone, but her sex toys will stay with us for a while longer,

enjoy it  ffs

Wtf have I just read 🤣

Everyone is enjoying how things are going but doesn't mean you can't debate or speak over stuff.

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've just tipped Forfar for the title in the paper's season preview. So that's them humped. Last year it was Stenny, the season before that (in L1) it was Falkirk.

3rd time lucky I hope 

On 27/07/2023 at 15:31, SlipperyP said:

enjoy it  ffs

I was enjoying this thread until I saw your usual nonsense.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Who's off to Paisley today?

I wish.  Hope everyone who does travel has a great time win lose or draw.

Been reading the St Mirren thread over the last few days, that Div p***k and a few others already talking about the next round and them not being seeded.

Go on Loons, break P&B

et ask - is that our first ever game at that stadium?

Edited by SlipperyP

18 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Been reading the St Mirren thread over the last few days, that Div p***k and a few others already talking about the next round and them not being seeded.

Go on Loons, break P&B

It's a shame that we need at least a draw to guarentee qualifying despite having a 100% winning record in the group right now - which is better than St Mirren I hasten to add!

The problem is that if St Mirren win they'll have a better Goal Difference than us (as we both have +4 right now)

We'll give a good account of ourselves no doubt and I think a draw is definitely doable but I do think the Buddies will probably just edge it. Hope I'm wrong!

I believe it is our first time at that stadium.

2 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

It's a shame that we need at least a draw to guarentee qualifying despite having a 100% winning record in the group right now - which is better than St Mirren I hasten to add!

The problem is that if St Mirren win they'll have a better Goal Difference than us (as we both have +4 right now)

We'll give a good account of ourselves no doubt and I think a draw is definitely doable but I do think the Buddies will probably just edge it. Hope I'm wrong!

I believe it is our first time at that stadium.

I'm still confident that we could go through with a narrow defeat.

This game is a massive step up from the previous 3, remember thiis is the 6th best team in Scotland from last season.  It will be very tough and a real test for our team.. However, I think we will still create a few chances.

We can only dream.

Safe journey folks

51 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Go on Loons, break P&B

😂😂😂

Should be a decent game and I’m sure Ray won’t make the same mistakes that Dick Campbell made last weekend.

If Forfar sit in and play on the counter then you certainly have a chance of getting the point you need, or I guess even more.

If we do go ahead though and you eventually need to chase the game, we should really win fairly comfortably.

First goal is everything today.

Enjoy your trip!

2 minutes ago, Div said:

😂😂😂

Should be a decent game and I’m sure Ray won’t make the same mistakes that Dick Campbell made last weekend.

If Forfar sit in and play on the counter there you certainly have a chance of getting the point you need, or I guess even more.

If we do go ahead though and you eventually need to chase the game, we should really win fairly comfortably.

First goal is everything today.

Enjoy your trip!

Cheers Div.

We blew away Arbroath the other night, as some on this thread who were there mentioned that was the best fitba they have seen at Station Park in years.

I'm 95% sure you will win or at least should, but if we play to our game, this will be your hardest test so far in the group, yes a wee shitting 4th tier team.

I'll take back the p***k part, ya dick😉

If we go out on 9 points I’ll be fuckin raging, sadly looking at the groups I can see it happening. Also we might not even know if we’re through tomorrow. Dundee are lying on six points…

11 men behind the ball please. 0-0. Up the road