Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You’re not kings of the county - you are team 3 out of 4

It would’ve been embarrassing if you didn’t win - we had one defender on the park. Highlight of your season though, wee team mentality 

Enjoy League 2 

The highlight of our season will be promotion to the same league you’ll be in next season. We’ll see you then

Edited by lwh

Just now, lwh said:

The highlight of our season will be promotion to the same league you’ll be in next season. We’ll see you then

Best case scenario for you and worst case scenario for us = we’d be in the same league 

Sums it up 😂

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Out the cup after acting like you’d won the thing on Tuesday - get it right up you and enjoy League 2 you diddies

You’re not kings of the county - you are team 3 out of 4

It would’ve been embarrassing if you didn’t win - we had one defender on the park. Highlight of your season though, wee team mentality 

Enjoy League 2 

If getting absolutely outplayed in every department and thrashed by Forfar earlier in the week gets you in a state like this, you might want to, I don't know, take up bowls.

Best case scenario for you and worst case scenario for us = we’d be in the same league 

Sums it up 😂

Talking an awful lot for a fan of a team we battered 4 days ago.

I'll be honest despite how bad we were today I'm not sure it'll actually affect our confidence too much given how good we had been before 3pm today.

Years past it might have but we've built a tight nit motivated group of players who have been speaking about how important the league is anyway.

Also surely that's got to be one of Marcs best performances ever today to keep it only 4.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

I'll be honest despite how bad we were today I'm not sure it'll actually affect our confidence too much given how good we had been before 3pm today.

Must admit I actually agree, the leagues our bread & butter. If we got anything more than group stages then fantastic. 
the squad are miles ahead of where we were this time last season under Irvine in my opinion. There’s a real togetherness with the squad, they look like they actually care. Today against a premier league side that finished in the top half last season was always gonna be difficult, maybe the occasion got the better of some of the lads.

theres a massive connection this season with the fans as well which is always good to see, they appreciated the backing from the fans today & we responded in turn.

We did better in the second half today once we started having a go, not sure why we couldn’t do that from the start however.

Felt Nditi and Paterson were two of the positives from today, we missed Moore as Brindley was so poor and St Mirren used that to their advantage as everything seemed to come down his side. I haven’t missed Munro shelling a ball out for a goal kick at all.

Agree that the league is the main priority and three wins from four is great for a group we probably were tipped to get three points from.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Out the cup after acting like you’d won the thing on Tuesday - get it right up you and enjoy League 2 you diddies

This post further proves that Arbroath is literally a dumping ground for the city of Dundee's unwanted reprobates.

Just now, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Aye I seen he played today & also played last Saturday before we signed him on Tuesday as well. 
Utterly bizzare to even sign him, waste of a wage.

Played Wednesday too. What a week for the boy 😂

25 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Cammy Blacklock away out on loan.

IMG_2449.jpeg

That is bizarre! Guess we will have to wait to see if a loan does come in to take his spot. Talking of loans any more rumours on the supposedly Aberdeen striker we were looking at?