Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

See the club still haven't said anything about loaning out Cammy blacklock.

Would just be nice to know what the reasoning is considering we've not brung someone else in yet.

You want the club to inform you of something relating to the club? you're mad.

I see that the loan market is finally ramping up so I'd expect us to bring a couple of players in over the not too distant future.

Can see at least one of them being from dundee. Management team were probably at station park watching the Dundee B game last night

Edited by ScottishLoon

10 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

I see that the loan market is finally ramping up so I'd expect us to bring a couple of players in over the not too distant future.

Can see at least one of them being from dundee. Management team were probably at station park watching the Dundee B game last night

I highly expect our loans to be from Dens or Tannadice, due to our local signing policy. Perhaps we might venture to Aberdeen or St Johnstone for one loanee (since the Aberdeen striker loan appears to not be happening).

47 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I highly expect our loans to be from Dens or Tannadice, due to our local signing policy. Perhaps we might venture to Aberdeen or St Johnstone for one loanee (since the Aberdeen striker loan appears to not be happening).

Be aswell taking loans from west end if we're contemplating one from saints.

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

Looking forward to a season with some excitement for the first time in a while . 

was optimistic last season and then that opening day at Bonnyrigg was dreadful . 

Don’t think we even had a shot on target at bonnyrigg in the first game of the season, so anything more than that would be a welcomed 🤣

5 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Don’t think we even had a shot on target at bonnyrigg in the first game of the season, so anything more than that would be a welcomed 🤣

A problem at the start of last season was our friendlies were against Teams at a higher level than us and we started the season with no confidence booster.

Well, here we go, then. A new season, new team, new manager and a string of promising performances, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game. Always good chat with the Stenhousemuir supporters and a good result will top off a fine day out. Here's hoping if Aitken plays it's one of his continually falling over and pleading for a free kick games.*

Only kidding, Matty. You're one of the good guys.

12 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

A problem at the start of last season was our friendlies were against Teams at a higher level than us and we started the season with no confidence booster.

I personally wouldn’t have called Washington Huskies a higher level pre match but I thought differently afterwards 😂

Another problem with those friendlies was having too much trialists, we only had about 4-5 properly signed players in those friendlies so the squad didn’t have much game experience with eachother. The only Trialists we signed was Joshua Jack and Tarek Abed aswell so I didn’t see the need in playing that many.