Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

6 hours ago, nofixedability said:

This x a billion. Gives me the boak every time I read it.

I’m definitely shouting out as loud as I can this afternoon “c’mon the Athies!” 🤣

When I was a wee boy in the ‘70s Athies was in common use, nobody resisted it then, it only stopped being used frequently in the early ‘80s when our then commercial manager, Brian Rankin (scorer of the second goal in the ‘78 semi) coined the Sky Blues name as being more commercially viable than the Loons. Most of used the term The Loons all the more in resistance to Sky Blues. Despite my first sentence in this post, I’ve never been a fan of The Athies, always preferred The Loons.

One term that really gets my goat though is “Forfar FC”, we are Forfar Athletic FC, The Courier (which I no longer read) were the worst for printing Forfar FC and the Sky Blues on their pages. 😡

4 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Watson offered us very little today. Paterson did better when he came on. Elgin seemed very happy for a 0-0 we looked very upset, certainly shows where both teams' ambitions are for this season.

At this rate our ambition is to score a goal. Unless we get a couple of forwards in we'll be mid-table with several 0-0s

Just now, LoonsYouthTeam said:

At this rate our ambition is to score a goal. Unless we get a couple of forwards in we'll be mid-table with several 0-0s

I'd imagine if we continue to play like that we could be on the wrong end of some 1-0 scorelines

deary me I swear I seen that game about 9 or 10 times last season, so slow on the ball and letting The other team have the ball in midfield. Watson was hopeless, never took someone on all game.

The positive is that the other teams are cancelling themselves out aswell, looks an more even league than anyone was expecting.

Also a bit worried how quickly the atmosphere has changed to something similar to last season already, some people booing at half time is especially embarrassing. 

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 minute ago, C_titz said:

It’ll come,  keep the heids . Only 2 games in. 2 clean sheets.  

some of the booing is a minter 

It seemed like most of the booing at the end was towards the referee no? We’ve been given some absolute dross over the last couple of seasons but he was quite bad.

On our own performance I was disappointed at how toothless we look without Skelly. Watson doesn’t offer anything up front nor does he do anything out wide. Paterson was good after he came on and surely has to start if Skelly isn’t fit. If not, we desperately need more firepower and we need it straight away.

2 minutes ago, lwh said:

Didn’t think the referee was that bad. 

I think he was man of the match - a very sound and capable performance.

Deja vu all over again 😄. Just like the Stenny game it took a ball hitting the post to put some life in the game.  Well, I say life but pretty poor stuff with occasional glimpses of sweet football. But neither wonder Skelly had his head in his hands at that header in the dying minutes. 

Hope Seb's injury isn't as bad as it looked.

The ref was poor, shocking decision from him at the incident where Seb got hurt and his idea of ten yards, don’t get me started, six steps then three half strides each free kick. Elgin were a bunch of cloggers who happily time wasted for a draw half way through the first half. A poor toothless performance from the Athies (🤣) today.

36 minutes ago, C_titz said:

It’ll come,  keep the heids . Only 2 games in. 2 clean sheets.  

some of the booing is a minter 

This take is a minter.