Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 points worse of from this time last season already….

arguably a lesser squad also.

Defence looks better than last seasons. That’s all.  

Up front we offer absolutely nothing, we’ve got no wide men to take someone on. Thommo can do so but he’s not playing for some weird reason.

The way things are going I’m beginning to miss both Gary’s…..

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

2 points worse of from this time last season already….

arguably a lesser squad also.

Defence looks better than last seasons. That’s all.  

Up front we offer absolutely nothing, we’ve got no wide men to take someone on. Thommo can do so but he’s not playing for some weird reason.

The way things are going I’m beginning to miss both Gary’s…..

It's too early to be listing off definitive statements like that.

My main worry is just how similar games are going compared to last season like how when we don't score goals during a good patch in the first half we rarely score at all, or if we do get a goal we then completely go passive and then invite pressure like we need to concede a goal to get going again.

Its a complete reflection of the manager when a team is falling into to the same passive routines, how many times have we seen 10-15 minutes of energy in a half where we can score 1 or 2 and then 30 minutes of slow struggling to get the ball through the midfield nothingness where we then resort to punting it up to guys who are 5'9 at most. Even Elgin last week were using their midfield a lot better and getting loads of space around the edge of our box, yet we seem to struggle to get on the ball in midfield, have players in space or get past the halfway line without it being a second ball/throw in from a big punt to nothing.

55 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Are we any more optimistic about the Bonnyrigg match on Saturday? Another 0-0?

I'm pretty pessimistic of it tbh. last season they had our number and we couldn't beat them, this season they've recruited better and look fitter.

I'm looking at it as a big game for ray, he might need to start rethinking/evolving what we're doing with how we setup and the in-game management before things start to go like last season where we're too stubborn to change things up and accept mediocrity.

Edited by ScottishLoon

45 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I'm pretty pessimistic of it tbh. last season they had our number and we couldn't beat them, this season they've recruited better and look fitter.

I'm looking at it as a big game for ray, he might need to start rethinking/evolving what we're doing with how we setup and the in-game management before things start to go like last season where we're too stubborn to change things up and accept mediocrity.

Dumbarton could've been a lesson to him. They totally changed tactic, formation and personnel at HT and it worked a treat and they went on to win.

14 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Dumbarton could've been a lesson to him. They totally changed tactic, formation and personnel at HT and it worked a treat and they went on to win.

Agreed but they had the personnel to make wholesale changes, we currently do not. Formation can be tweaked though.

3 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Agreed but they had the personnel to make wholesale changes, we currently do not. Formation can be tweaked though.

Formation 100% needs to be looked at imo, especially at home.

We set up far too negative ad have zero creativity coming through midfield.

1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

With Whyte & Munro back in the mix, I can’t wait to see us start with 7 defenders this weekend.

McCallum

Nditi Morrison Whyte Munro Hutchinson Allan Brindley

Whatley Robson

Inglis

lets do this 👊 

7 defenders and Whatley and Robson with absolutely zero intention of going forward. I cant wait.

25 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

With Whyte & Munro back in the mix, I can’t wait to see us start with 7 defenders this weekend.

McCallum

Nditi Morrison Whyte Munro Hutchinson Allan Brindley

Whatley Robson

Inglis

lets do this 👊 

Inglis in that team? Watch now, that’s too attacking. What you want is Zach Paris instead alongside Marc.