Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Picking out the strikers who had very little to sniff at after only being at the club for 1 week (in Ferguson's case only a few hours) is odd when you see how bad Watson and robson were today and for multiple games before too.

Mutale was also just a few inches from having his good shot go over the line too.

Edited by ScottishLoon

35 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Picking out the strikers who had very little to sniff at after only being at the club for 1 week (in Ferguson's case only a few hours) is odd when you see how bad Watson and robson were today and for multiple games before too.

Mutale was also just a few inches from having his good shot go over the line too.

Totally agree. (Although I did call Ferguson a diddy)

How we re-signed Watson & Robson is utterly bizzare. They were miles off it last season, why would this season make any difference?

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon

Just now, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Totally agree.

How we re-signed Watson & Robson is utterly bizzare. They were miles off it last season, why would this season make any difference?

Ray thinks robson is a rolls Royce of a player. Whatley has to start & get Munro so far to f**k . How he is captain is mental 

41 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Totally agree. (Although I did call Ferguson a diddy)

Was surprised by Watson re-signing, but originally was happy for him to be a bench filler.

39 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Ray thinks robson is a rolls Royce of a player. Whatley has to start & get Munro so far to f**k . How he is captain is mental 

Robson is a Rolls Royce player and I think would flourish in the right environment and team. However, Rolls Royce players don't tend to work in Scottish League Two.

Whatley is calming and can do a hold-up job, but needs better creativity around him - that should be Kinglis or Smokey.

Munro as a captain is understandable. One of the longest serving players, is vocal and can command. However his limited footballing ability has nosedived and is as many have said a bombscare!

Edited by Bridie Vision
Extra information

Get Munro in the bin. 

Seriously though, the team as a whole looked better when he wasn't on the park & Morrison was the skipper. 

Big MunD seems to just shout at everyone & takes no responsibility for his own mistakes (of which there are many).

6 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Munro as a captain is understandable. One of the longest serving players, is vocal and can command. However his limited footballing ability has nosedived and is as many have said a bombscare!

He’s vocal but in the sense of blaming everyone else for his own mistakes. Just look at the first goal, he’s blaming Marc when it was that daft c**t who put the ball across the box.

6 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Was surprised by Watson re-signing, but originally was happy for him to be a bench filler.

Robson is a Rolls Royce player and I think would flourish in the right environment and team. However, Rolls Royce players don't tend to work in Scottish League Two.

Whatley is calming and can do a hold-up job, but needs better creativity around him - that should be Kinglis or Smokey.

In what way is Robson a "rolls royce of a player". What is it he's good at? Games completely pass him by. As for Moore we've seen him in the middle of the park over the years and he's never been creative in the slightest, another who's re-signing baffles me.

1 minute ago, fafc1885 said:

He’s vocal but in the sense of blaming everyone else for his own mistakes. Just look at the first goal, he’s blaming Marc when it was that daft c**t who put the ball across the box.

I said it was understandable. Personally when we debated who might be captain this year I was for McCallum or Whatley. To be fair, Morrison who I didn't expect, gave a good account as captain when Munro was injured.

But I agree blaming Marc for his own stupid back-pass/side-pass whatever it was Andy intended that led to the penalty was daft and should've gotten the yellow instead of Allan! (I know that's not how the rules work but I'm sure you understand my point)

6 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

In what way is Robson a "rolls royce of a player". What is it he's good at? Games completely pass him by. As for Moore we've seen him in the middle of the park over the years and he's never been creative in the slightest, another who's re-signing baffles me.

He's a Rolls Royce in the sense he runs smoothly, and passing is usually on point. So for a team that plays 100 5-yard passes tiki taka stuff he'd be good. But for playing in counter attacks or reacting to a breakaway he's not so confident, hence why most games here pass him by.

Like I said with the right style and training he could be a gem, but he'll achieve little to nothing in the Scottish lower leagues.

Personally, I think Smokey has done well this season whether at LB or CM. He's no Slater or Kinglis but I like him.

29 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

He's a Rolls Royce in the sense he runs smoothly, and passing is usually on point. So for a team that plays 100 5-yard passes tiki taka stuff he'd be good. But for playing in counter attacks or reacting to a breakaway he's not so confident, hence why most games here pass him by.

Like I said with the right style and training he could be a gem, but he'll achieve little to nothing in the Scottish lower leagues.

So by that logic you’ve just basically stated exactly how he is NOT a rolls Royce player then? 

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

A captain should be a player who leads by example . Not just because he can shout . See Robertson for Scotland or McGregor at Celtic , captains because they are class and the performances on field set a standard . 

The thing with robson is that he's clearly still learning the physicality and competitiveness needed in the senior game on the job and on the back of losing the comfort blanket of being a Dundee United player.

I think today was made clear of how we need somebody who can come in and compete with him for that deeper creative role in midfield to give him a bit of a break.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Personally, I think Smokey has done well this season whether at LB or CM. He's no Slater or Kinglis but I like him.

He "runs smoothly" you're kidding right?

Each to their own I suppose.

17 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

The thing with robson is that he's clearly still learning the physicality and competitiveness needed in the senior game on the job and on the back of losing the comfort blanket of being a Dundee United player.

I think today was made clear of how we need somebody who can come in and compete with him for that deeper creative role in midfield to give him a bit of a break.

I still think Whately and Inglis is the best option in the middle of the park, hopefully we see it next week.

8 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I still think Whately and Inglis is the best option in the middle of the park, hopefully we see it next week.

I'm not against it I just think he's better suited up the park where he can get shots off and put Balls in the box. He was the only one that looked dangerous out of the midfielders/wingers.

Edited by ScottishLoon

5 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I'm not against it I just think he's better suited up the park where he can get shots off and put Balls in the box. He was the only one that looked dangerous out of the midfielders/wingers.

There's nothing to stop him doing that though. It should be all out attack IMO.