Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Keeping a keen eye on Forfar after hearing they were away to do the League Cup and League 2 double, obviously went out of the League Cup in hilarious fashion after acting like you’d won it and it seems like it’s been a pretty underwhelming start to the League campaign too 

What ashame 

27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Keeping a keen eye on Forfar after hearing they were away to do the League Cup and League 2 double, obviously went out of the League Cup in hilarious fashion after acting like you’d won it and it seems like it’s been a pretty underwhelming start to the League campaign too 

What ashame 

Life's real losers are the ones that would rather celebrate someone's loss over their own win.

There's a good squad in there somewhere. It's just so frustrating. Why do we look nothing like the team in preseason!

Sure you could argue that Montrose and Arbroath weren't playing their strongest XI but even still you'd say they're stronger than Elgin or Clyde. We look like two different teams.

1 minute ago, Bridie Vision said:

There's a good squad in there somewhere. It's just so frustrating. Why do we look nothing like the team in preseason!

Sure you could argue that Montrose and Arbroath weren't playing their strongest XI but even still you'd say they're stronger than Elgin or Clyde. We look like two different teams.

The game mentality and tactics aren't up to scratch right now and that's on ray.

Unless he goes against his past record of being overly cautious and stubborn to makes big changes things will stay like this.

29 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Well, this is now officially worse than under Irvine for me and heading in to Malcolm territory.

McKinnon's football is horrendous, has been everywhere he's been. 

17 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I keep reading and hearing we've a good squad, I just don't see it personally. The League Cup games are glorified friendlies and the League is totally different, it's been shown over the years many times. I'm always amazed how carried away folk get with pre-season.

Like I've said before, I'd take ninth.

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Eh?

Almost Everyone associated with league 2 clubs before the season kicked off were in agreement that we had a better squad than they two did yet they have 11 points and we have 3 so that proves that it's not about how good your squad is it's how they're setting up and what the manager is getting out of them.

Edited by ScottishLoon

On 01/09/2023 at 16:30, The Moonster said:

Took them an Athie long time.

Up there as one my favourite ever posts. Just simple and effective and leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

Back to the football and I am absolutely gobsmacked the league cup group stage and league double winners have failed to register a goal against a shambolic Bully Wee.

The clock is ticking for Uncle Ray.

4 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Almost Everyone associated with league 2 clubs before the season kicked off were in agreement that we had a better squad than they two did yet they have 11 points and we have 3 so that proves that it's not about how good your squad is it's how they're setting up and what the manager is getting out of them.

"Almost everyone associated with League 2 clubs" Whit!?

I can see with my own eyes that our squad isn't very good? 

2 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

"Almost everyone associated with League 2 clubs" Whit!?

I can see with my own eyes that our squad isn't very good? 

What are you comparing us against?

You realise this is league 2 football and not premiership right? Yes we're not playing well but that doesn't mean they're bad players in general.

individual player ability goes out the window when your manager is working against you and making you do stuff that isn't working.