Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

12 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

But you agree he was our best player, yeah?

He isn't a left back, far too weak , ever since Yano left we have struggled with this position. Was he at fault for the goal yes...was he any better than the rest...I could not care less. I truly believe we will eventually end up on the highland league....I look forward to it. 

11 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

He isn't a left back, far too weak , ever since Yano left we have struggled with this position. Was he at fault for the goal yes...was he any better than the rest...I could not care less. I truly believe we will eventually end up on the highland league....I look forward to it. 

You've never been a good judge of a player though, have you?

6 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Survival this season will rely on there being one worse side than Forfar. I'm not convinced there is.

Yeah, not sure there is either. Squad would need gutted in January, which is obviously not going to happen with players under contract. The three loans can go back anyway.

Thomson away again for the next four weeks is a nightmare.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Jack MacKenzie & Luke Strachan were both quality LBs we had, post Yano, sadly they were only on loan.

3 hours ago, tbsouth said:

I’m assuming we’re on about Brindley? Forgive me if not please. I thought he was the only player with pass marks yesterday. Covered 2 positions for long enough whilst Muppetale was still on the pitch. And as for the goal - it’s a freak goal. Boy wouldn’t manage to hit that again if he tried. 100%, Brindley is the last player I’d be slagging after that shit show yesterday. Ran his socks off 

3 minutes ago, Woody1885 said:

I’m assuming we’re on about Brindley? Forgive me if not please. I thought he was the only player with pass marks yesterday. Covered 2 positions for long enough whilst Muppetale was still on the pitch. And as for the goal - it’s a freak goal. Boy wouldn’t manage to hit that again if he tried. 100%, Brindley is the last player I’d be slagging after that shit show yesterday. Ran his socks off 

But he isn't a left back. By all accounts he'd never played left back until Irvine thought he was reinventing the wheel.

Yes brindley probably was the only pass mark yesterday, doesn't make up for how poor a signing he's been during his time at the club.