Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

I think am right in saying that Whyte, Munro, Brindley and Nditi were already signed on two year contracts hence why they are still here?

Whyte, Brindley and Nditi were two year deals and Munro was given a new contract in January.

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

Everyone except for Darren Whyte, Tomas Brindley, Andy Munro, Roberto Nditi, Zach Paris and Cameron Ferguson are based within Angus and Dundee, a couple more are also in Fife and Aberdeen.

Previous managers’ went through a lot of money with expenses for west coast based players so we’ve been forced into this.

I'm not sure "forced into this" is the correct description. Forfar clearly have a bit of cash, as much as McKinnons reputation for loyalty isn't the best his record at part time level is very good (leaving his time at Forfar aside) and I doubt he's there for a few quid in his back pocket, he'll be on decent enough coin. The aim from everyone at Forfar was also to challenge at the top end of the league, so surely they must have a budget comparable to the top 4. The "east cost expenses" problem certainly doesn't appear much of an issue for other clubs based near you, a bit of a red herring. All clubs have bother getting players from other places, and while you might think a majority of players are based in the central belt makes it easy for clubs there to get players the central belt is also saturated with clubs, especially high paying ones in the new lower levels who are undoubtedly taking options away from this level. 

It's been a choice of Forfars/McKinnons to follow a local signing path and even then there's about 4 or 5 players listed (a few of whom who are starters) who aren't based locally. 

14 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Cannot believe we have not tried McLeod right through the middle as yet, either let him play off Skelly or have Patterson in behind him, cannot be any less effective than what we have done so far. 

Been saying this for weeks, Macleod & Skelly up top and Paterson in behind them, about the only thing he probably hasn't tried yet!

And won't be tomorrow either as Dundee United not allowing Macleod to play in the Scottish Cup i'm sure.

41 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Dylan Easton running things for Raith, what a footballer. Can you mind when some on here wanted Connor Coupe playing ahead of him? 😂 That's the sort of thing we're up against with our fans.

Wasn't one who wanted Easton dropped for coupe because there was never doubt about Eastons ability and by in and large he was very good but let's not kid ourselves that he was as consistent as he's went on to be.

Let's stay away from rewriting history to make our own points.

Edited by ScottishLoon

13 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Wasn't one who wanted Easton dropped for coupe because there was never doubt about Eastons ability and by in and large he was very good but let's not kid ourselves that he was as consistent as he's went on to be.

Let's stay away from rewriting history to make our own points.

What are you on about?

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

What are you on about?

Easton 35% of the time - brilliant

The other 65% of the time - lazy, uninterested fud.

He's obviously grown as a player since his stint with us but to think he was the complete package for us is nonsense, he wasn't even as consistent as Moore.

Edited by May Rckinnon

12 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Dylan Easton running things for Raith, what a footballer. 

Absolutely. Could never understand the stick he got from some of the crowd. It was patently obvious he was/is a class player.

Edited by Dan Steele
Sp.

20 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Dylan Easton running things for Raith, what a footballer. Can you mind when some on here wanted Connor Coupe playing ahead of him? 😂 That's the sort of thing we're up against with our fans.

19 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

Easton 35% of the time - brilliant

The other 65% of the time - lazy, uninterested fud.

He's obviously grown as a player since his stint with us but to think he was the complete package for us is nonsense, he wasn't even as consistent as Moore.

Easton has oodles of talent but when he was with us he was very immature, he was either beating three defenders then turning around to try and beat them again rather than playing the ball to a colleague or he was lazy and disinterested. Very talented but infuriating, he’ll have grown up now and won’t get way with at attitude anymore.

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

Wel I'm not sure how we kept a clean sheet their but I'll take it. 

20231125_165214.jpg

Great result, hopefully get a money spinning tie next but I’m sure there’ll be a few on here we’re hoping for a drubbing today thinking it would the end of McKinnon.

8 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Great result, hopefully get a money spinning tie next but I’m sure there’ll be a few on here we’re hoping for a drubbing today thinking it would the end of McKinnon.

You'd think the nature of of needing two Matty Allan scrappy set piece goals to get through these last two ties is enough to suggest that the performances aren't up to scratch in the cup either though.

Was there today as a neutral (raith fan), Forfar were certainly no great shakes, tranent were the better team in the 1st half. A few meaty challenges towards the end, and a clear handball missed by the ref as well.

Tranent were way better in the 1st half, Marc and the post saved Forfar. Second half was more of a slugging match and Forfar probably edged it in the 2nd half but we were by no means the better team, although I'm sure Ray will be happy and say we deserved to go through. 

Smokie was fortunate with the handball/penalty. He tried to clear the ball but scuffed his connection causing the ball to bash off his shin and onto his outstretched arm.

I don't think the ref "missed it" but because there certainly was no intent he waved play on. I'm not saying he’s right as I believe the rule book says something along the lines of: intent doesn't matter but if his arm is in an unnatural position and outwith the natural silhouette then it's a foul. So, Forfar got away with that.

It is interesting that a Matty Allan scrappy goal from a corner is what got us through the last two rounds both of which have likely saved Ray's job, for now.