Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Pleasantly suprised by Ben Armour & his start in a forfar shirt. 

Work rate is exceptional & his movement in & around the box is definitely a breath of fresh air. 

Season going from bad to worse. On the back of a disappointing second half to last season this seems even worse. Time to pull plug on Irvine? I think he more than has the players to be doing better but where it matters, in both boxes, we seem to have very weak options. Next week could be fun.

15 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Seven wins since Boxing Day. 29 games and just seven wins, surely Irvine and Harkins realise they need to go?

Thats what it will take. The board didn't want to sack Stu Malcolm, I reckon they'll be even less keen to move Irvine and Co on.

17 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

If Irvine were to go, who takes his job? What managers are currently out of work and would like the Forfar gig?

My guess is it would be another rookie manager who calibre would be just as unknown as Irvine's was before he took the role.

That is no reason to persist with him, we are seeing that Irvine does not know how to change things. If he can’t improve results quickly then will have to go , that trapdoor exists and the club cannot afford to flirt with it because they want to be ‘nice’ and loyal.

43 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

If Irvine were to go, who takes his job? What managers are currently out of work and would like the Forfar gig?

My guess is it would be another rookie manager who calibre would be just as unknown as Irvine's was before he took the role.

Think there would be plenty of managers that would throw their name in the hat…

a few available which could be a potential candidate consist of - 

Kevin Thomson 

Gary Naismith

Barry Ferguson

Allan Johnston

Not saying I’d definitely take either of these or they would apply or even take the job but as mentioned there would be a few to throw their names in the hat.

4 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Think there would be plenty of managers that would throw their name in the hat…

a few available which could be a potential candidate consist of - 

Kevin Thomson 

Gary Naismith

Barry Ferguson

Allan Johnston

Not saying I’d definitely take either of these or they would apply or even take the job but as mentioned there would be a few to throw their names in the hat.

I can't see any of those mentioned being interested, but like you say, there would be plenty who would apply and would happily take on this bunch of players and the challenge of trying to win games, rather than avoiding defeat.

3 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I can't see any of those mentioned being interested, but like you say, there would be plenty who would apply and would happily take on this bunch of players and the challenge of trying to win games, rather than avoiding defeat.

I mean Irvine’s came out and said we’re a side that likes to attack & creating loads of chances?

is he watching the same team? Cause I honestly dinna see it that way at all.

2 shots on target today is absolutely chronic.

That's a terrible reason to keep a poor manager. We may end up with a rookie, but it's worth the risk. I still can't believe we had Petrie at the club and let him go.

11 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I mean Irvine’s came out and said we’re a side that likes to attack & creating loads of chances?

is he watching the same team? Cause I honestly dinna see it that way at all.

2 shots on target today is absolutely chronic.

I can sort of see what he says.

Forfar do like to get forward, and they do get the ball into good situations.

But that's where it ends. They sit on leads, suffer from dreadful lapses at the back and have a goalie whose form has fallen dramatically.

Any time I've seen them this year, there's a remarkable lack of leadership on and off the park, and the heads go down and they go quiet at every setback.

22 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

That's a terrible reason to keep a poor manager. We may end up with a rookie, but it's worth the risk. I still can't believe we had Petrie at the club and let him go.

Aye but we got bollan . Masterstroke from the board 

There must be candidates out there who are well aware of the calibre of players that are on the books. It's not a case of building a team - the talent is there. There must be somebody who would relish the chance of taking charge and allowing the players a chance to be part of a flowing, attacking team. The manager's decisions/choices are becoming predictable and this must filter through to the players. I think the time has come for a new manager. Enough is enough.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

That is no reason to persist with him, we are seeing that Irvine does not know how to change things. If he can’t improve results quickly then will have to go , that trapdoor exists and the club cannot afford to flirt with it because they want to be ‘nice’ and loyal.

Tbf, even if we went down the club wouldn't give a toss as long as they sell out hospitality & have golf days. 

2 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Was just about to post the same quote.

Delusional.

Thats the worry, he doesn't seem to understand how crap we've been for almost 9 months. no hope now of him realising he hasn't got a scooby.