Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

22 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Finn Robson is a tremendous player and should be the heir to Slater, but I agree he's shown nothing so far and it seems like Smokie is our best LWB and best CM (if you call Whatley a CDM) right now. I'm sure Robson will shine but perhaps not at our club, he looks like he'd prefer a tiki-taka Guardiola esque style of play.

IMG_2754.gif

On 30/07/2023 at 12:11, Loon From Outta Toon said:

the positions I feel we need to strengthen in (which will probably be loan deals) are 

Either sided Full Back - Nditi is prone to picking up a suspension through the totting up system. Brindley is hit & miss, needs more competition for his place. 

Left Winger & Right Winger - Thommo is fantastic but lacks in the final third, always seems to take the wrong option but should always be starting for me. Watson’s not good enough in my opinion, he’s too lightweight & gets easily bullied off the ball. Ross just isn’t a winger for me, he seems to struggle & rarely beats his man when on the wings.

Striker -We need a subby striker to support Skelly. Skelly’s gonna run out of steam playing constantly every week, every game  he’s been involved in he’s been subbed off & the replacement hasn’t done anywhere near as much work as Skelly has. If we can get a similar  player with the same work rate that would be perfect. 

So we're about to enter our 3rd League game on Saturday & nothing has changed on my previous post.

We still need a minimum of 4 players brought into the club. Otherwise we will certainly struggle as our squad depth is nowhere near good enough.

13 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Another striker wont cut it IMO. Who's scoring goals from midfield or out wide in this squad?

Midfielders are far too negative/safe imo, Whatley & Robson never look to go forward. Patterson at least looks to go forward and create something when he gets the chance, think he might link up well with Skelly when he returns. 

2 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Now that Aberdeen B have been eliminated from the cup we should be trying to get a loan deal for Bavidge. If somebody could remind Barry Robson how beneficial his own loan spell at Station Park was for hie career.

Alternatively Dundee B have been eliminated too so hopefully Scott Robertson and Tony docherty both being on our coaching staff in recent years will helps us get mutale or mohammed.

Could end up with just one midfielder or attacker on the bench tomorrow if Ross and Moore aren't back and they'll be sitting alongside two centre backs.

It get more bizarre by the day to have had a midfielder in blacklock out on loan, who unless injured hasn't even been playing for Dundee north end.

It's been over a month now since we signed a player who's in the first Team.

I know it's nothing new me saying this but my mind boggles at the squad management right now. unless the big clubs are working at a crazy level of being unreasonable with loaning out players.

Edited by ScottishLoon