Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

That's the worst I've seen, the first 45 minutes where we didn't dare cross the halfway line, started the 2nd half better, scored and then went back to being scared.

McKinnon needs to go. He was also first up the tunnel today, no response to his players or fans who gave up their time to watch that pish. I'm annoyed at myself for going

Got to agree, that’s the worst 45mins this season, maybe the worst I’ve ever seen. We literally couldn’t get out our half. How McKinnon can start with Watson and Seb up front against probably the tallest and best CH’s in the league then launch high balls up to them is totally beyond me. And I’m not having a go at Watson or Seb, nobody could have done any better up there today with that service.

That was on the manager I’m afraid, he’s played against them twice already this season, knows exactly what they are like, but sets up like that!!

And yeah, agree again, to not acknowledge a decent travelling support at a hard time of year, forced to watch that, is totally unacceptable. 

We are in a fight now, and I’m not sure we have what it takes to win it. 

Just now, speedframe said:

I don't understand these tactics, Mr McKinnon is no novice why does he persist with this negative shite when it's obvious it's not working ?

Has he lost interest ?

Exactly! It’s not working, change it for f@ck sake.

11 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Got to agree, that’s the worst 45mins this season, maybe the worst I’ve ever seen. We literally couldn’t get out our half. How McKinnon can start with Watson and Seb up front against probably the tallest and best CH’s in the league then launch high balls up to them is totally beyond me. And I’m not having a go at Watson or Seb, nobody could have done any better up there today with that service.

That was on the manager I’m afraid, he’s played against them twice already this season, knows exactly what they are like, but sets up like that!!

And yeah, agree again, to not acknowledge a decent travelling support at a hard time of year, forced to watch that, is totally unacceptable. 

We are in a fight now, and I’m not sure we have what it takes to win it. 

I missed today's game and by the sound of it i'm one of the lucky ones for doing so! 

Haven't seen Mckinnon acknowledge the fans since his forest green stint! He desperately needs to go before it is too late.

Seb and Daz are never strikers, Cammy and Euan are supposed to be and can't even get a start, because they are both garbage. How did Dylan do today? Seen he was hooked at halftime?

3 minutes ago, speedframe said:

I don't understand these tactics, Mr McKinnon is no novice why does he persist with this negative shite when it's obvious it's not working ?

Has he lost interest ?

100% lost interest

39 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

I missed today's game and by the sound of it i'm one of the lucky ones for doing so! 

Haven't seen Mckinnon acknowledge the fans since his forest green stint! He desperately needs to go before it is too late.

Seb and Daz are never strikers, Cammy and Euan are supposed to be and can't even get a start, because they are both garbage. How did Dylan do today? Seen he was hooked at halftime?

What is "Daz"? He's no winger either. I couldn't believe McKinnon brought him back in the summer, but I said that about all the players he brought back, who were clearly not up to it last season.

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

What is "Daz"? He's no winger either. I couldn't believe McKinnon brought him back in the summer, but I said that about all the players he brought back, who were clearly not up to it last season.

God knows where his best position is to be honest but more effective on the wing I reckon. Thought Hutchy deserved to come back but that's about it.

I reckon 90% of the playing squad aren't playing for the manager now and they are all going through the motions.

3 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

God knows where his best position is to be honest but more effective on the wing I reckon. Thought Hutchy deserved to come back but that's about it.

I reckon 90% of the playing squad aren't playing for the manager now and they are all going through the motions.

Oh yeah, forgot about Hutchison. I haven't seen Watson be effective once. 

I disagree that they're going through the motions, I just think they aren't good enough.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Oh yeah, forgot about Hutchison. I haven't seen Watson be effective once. 

I disagree that they're going through the motions, I just think they aren't good enough.

I thought he done well Peterhead away but yeah not been good enough otherwise. 

I agree a number of them aren't good enough but there is a number of players in that squad that should be good enough to be even mid table in this league which makes me think they aren't playing for the manager anymore? Who knows but things need to change/happen quickly!!

1 hour ago, farfirloon said:

How did Dylan do today? Seen he was hooked at halftime?

Didn’t do much, but up against a decent side in my opinion.

Not sure how McKinnon thinks we need a 5’ 7” 7st midfielder??

1 minute ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

It’s bonkers, we are so lightweight as it is.

2 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Yeah it isn't the midfield we need to improve, it's glaring that we need a striker and has been from the end of last season🙈

2 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Yeah it isn't the midfield we need to improve, it's glaring that we need a striker and has been from the end of last season🙈

The midfield absolutely needs improved, our options are a joke -- nobody is creating anything and we've no drive from in there.

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The midfield absolutely needs improved, our options are a joke -- nobody is creating anything and we've no drive from in there.

Only player we have who drives from there, can’t get a start for love nor money. Likes to bring him off the bench when the game is lost already.

8 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Only player we have who drives from there, can’t get a start for love nor money. Likes to bring him off the bench when the game is lost already.

It is very strange Paterson hasn't had a run.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

12 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

We play creative midfielders up front 90% of the time who I think would be good enough in their natural positions if we had a striker? A long ball to players who are good with the ball at their feet is madness