Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

16 hours ago, tbsouth said:

The defending was about as solid as the board....seriously disjointed!!

Stenhousemuir have lost their two star players to Camelon juniors for £600 pweek.....this is what we are up against and we are 75 miles further North.

We are looking for people to help fund the club, Brechin have just spent over 500k to not win promotion, so what do we do....?

My thoughts are live within your means, if that means Highland ot whatever then so be it.

Really,which 2 players 

22 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Stenhousemuir have lost their two star players to Camelon juniors for £600 pweek.....this is what we are up against and we are 75 miles further North.

We are looking for people to help fund the club, Brechin have just spent over 500k to not win promotion, so what do we do....?

I highly doubt there's any truth in either of these statements.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I highly doubt there's any truth in either of these statements.

Can't speak for the stenny situation, but Brechin have gambled HUGE over the last 2 years and will likely have to scale back massively this coming season. Might not be quite as much as £500k, but probably not as far off as you'd think.

11 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Can't speak for the stenny situation, but Brechin have gambled HUGE over the last 2 years and will likely have to scale back massively this coming season. Might not be quite as much as £500k, but probably not as far off as you'd think.

If it was £500k over 2 seasons fair enough, they absolutely did not spend £500k last season. 

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If it was £500k over 2 seasons fair enough, they absolutely did not spend £500k last season. 

Tbh, it's kev mackie, anything could've happened.

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If they did, and ended up with Gavin Price in charge, those in charge got what they deserved.

8 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Arbroath have released their released list. Do you think we'll be sniffing around any of those players?

Depends how many of them are junior level.

21 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Arbroath have released their released list. Do you think we'll be sniffing around any of those players?

Arbroath are very transparent about who’s signed and how long their contracts are, I wish our club were like that, everything appears so secretive with our club. We are paying supporters, we should know more of what’s happening.

On 05/05/2024 at 09:47, tbsouth said:

The defending was about as solid as the board....seriously disjointed!!

My thoughts are live within your means, if that means Highland ot whatever then so be it.

What on earth are you talking about?

15 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Arbroath are very transparent about who’s signed and how long their contracts are, I wish our club were like that, everything appears so secretive with our club. We are paying supporters, we should know more of what’s happening.

You want transparency at station park? You're dreaming.

3 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Given how little RM bothers to talk to the players, offering contracts could take months.

Hopefully it won’t be RM, not starting a rumour, just stating a futile hope.