Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

20 hours ago, terracingtam said:

AGM on tomorrow, get along at 7.00 to say your piece of just shut up for the rest of the year!

No replies to that so I assume that everyone is happy with the Board, the Management, the style of play etc. It's going to be very quiet on the terracing. Yes I know you have to have a few shares to vote but ........

6 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I see Munro has signed for East Fife.

I had heard he was possibly going to East Kilbride, but things maybe changed with them not gaining promotion at the weekend. 

I didn’t think there was anything in the East Kilbride rumours, Andy was open about wanting to be nearer Edinburgh as he has young kids, Methil isn’t far, East Kilbride isn’t local. Add in the presence of Dick and Malcs at New Bayview it was an obvious choice for him. All the best to him, a great servant to our club.

4 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Whatley signs for another year, as a player coach. 

IMG_7116.jpeg

Good for him to get some coaching experience although who knows if Ray is a good mentor for him.

27 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Good for him to get some coaching experience although who knows if Ray is a good mentor for him.

Probably so he can take training while Ray updates his cv on indeed.com

15 hours ago, terracingtam said:

No replies to that so I assume that everyone is happy with the Board, the Management, the style of play etc. It's going to be very quiet on the terracing. Yes I know you have to have a few shares to vote but ........

Or folk have lives.

More players out the door, Brindley, Scally, Thomson and Seb Ross are moving on. Good luck to them in the futures in football and life. I wouldn’t have been disappointed at any of them staying but equally not upset about them going either.

23 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I didn’t think there was anything in the East Kilbride rumours, Andy was open about wanting to be nearer Edinburgh as he has young kids, Methil isn’t far, East Kilbride isn’t local. Add in the presence of Dick and Malcs at New Bayview it was an obvious choice for him. All the best to him, a great servant to our club.

We train at the Oriam at least once a week.

6 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

More players out the door, Brindley, Scally, Thomson and Seb Ross are moving on. Good luck to them in the futures in football and life. I wouldn’t have been disappointed at any of them staying but equally not upset about them going either.

Until you realise we're not going to be able to replace Thommo and Scally with better players.

Just three players left to confirm from last years squad now.

Zach Paris, Kieran Inglis & Finn Robson.  No opinion on Zach, he’s a back up that’s never likely to play. Hopefully the other two aren’t staying on though.

slightly disappointed with Thommo & Scally leaving can understand why though.

Brindley’s a weird one cause there’s some sort of player there but I’m not sure he even knows what position he’s meant to be.

Ross again a weird one has a couple of good games then goes missing for weeks on end. 

I find the question most in my mind about this is "will those who replace them be as good?" Which is damning considering the majority opinion is that in large part those who have/will leave haven't actually been good.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

If Robson stays, I will poke my eyes out. 

Offers nothing. So obviously Ray loves him.

Given the post teases possible good news on re-signing front you’d imagine it would be him or Inglis. Neither would enthrall me and to be honest not too bothered about this four leaving either. As said earlier hopefully we can get some actual full backs in.

Edited by nofixedability

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I find the question most in my mind about this is "will those who replace them be as good?" Which is damning considering the majority opinion is that in large part those who have/will leave haven't actually been good.

Good players have bad seasons, especially when the manager doesn't have the team playing how they should be. 

Criticising any of our attacking midfielders/wingers doesn't make too much sense considering we all agree they weren't getting the ball much and being forced to play a certain way/take up certain positions.

If we had actually used our wingers properly last season we would have been in a much better position and scored much more goals.

Edited by ScottishLoon

I’ll be amazed if Robson doesn’t get another deal from Ray, he seems to love him and appears to be the only one who does.

I doubt Inglis will get another unless we are seeing first if we can actually get better in the door?

Agree with previous comments, it’s ok letting these players go, but it’s who we replace them with that is crucial, it needs to be an improvement, and I just don’t have the faith that McKinnon can do that.

4 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Good players have bad seasons, especially when the manager doesn't have the team playing how they should be. 

Criticising any of our attacking midfielders/wingers doesn't make too much sense considering we all agree they weren't getting the ball much and being forced to play a certain way/take up certain positions.

If we had actually used our wingers properly last season we would have been in a much better position and scored much more goals.

As I clearly intimated, they haven't been good. I did not say they lack the potential to be good.

So as it stands for next season we have signed up.

Goalkeeper -

Marc McCallum

Defenders -

Stuart Morrison
Adam Hutchinson
Matty Allan

Midfielders -

Mark Whatley

Strikers -

Josh Skelly
Russell McLean

Waiting to here from the club on 

Zach Paris, Kieran Inglis & Finn Robson.

i’ll be honest I’m quite content with that base of players that are staying, would have liked a couple of more but as stated above they didn’t show enough to show they should of been kept on.

Obviously improvement required in the attacking area but the seasons literally just finished, so need to get into panic stations. 

Will be interested to see the type of player Ray brings in this year. I can personally see him try to revert back to the 3-5-2 formation that we used in the league cup last season. Bring in proper wing backs & I think that could work with a back 3 of Allan, Morrison & Hutchinson.

Will he stick to his guns and hope for local talent again? Or will he be clever enough to realise that strategy failed dramatically.

Wonder if you are maybe in for Leighton McIntosh just based on the fact that he’s a Dundee lad and you train more local than we do and if he signs on at Arbroath he will be 3rd choice striker and he could maybe go to Forfar and be the main man and play every week.

He has not confirmed as signing on again with his years option he’s got and I thought about it the other day on where he could potentially go and think Forfar or maybe even East Fife would make sense for him.