Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Forfar remind me of Montrose in our dark days at the turn of the century. A deep-seated apathy and drift about the club and someone, on the playing side, needs to cut the place to shreds and start again.

Forfar are better off than us then as they own Station Park and have a reasonable corporate side. We didn't own Links Park in those days and were little more than a badge, a league membership and a shifting cast of two dozen poor part time footballers.

Even in our worst times the Montrose board knew when it was time for a manager to move on and reacted after a while to crowd discontent and what they were seeing with their own eyes week-in week-out.

The Forfar board's position however seems to be "But we get on with Ray". At some point the manager will have to repay that undeserved loyalty.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Forfar remind me of Montrose in our dark days at the turn of the century. A deep-seated apathy and drift about the club and someone, on the playing side, needs to cut the place to shreds and start again.

Forfar are better off than us then as they own Station Park and have a reasonable corporate side. We didn't own Links Park in those days and were little more than a badge, a league membership and a shifting cast of two dozen poor part time footballers.

Even in our worst times the Montrose board knew when it was time for a manager to move on and reacted after a while to crowd discontent and what they were seeing with their own eyes week-in week-out.

The Forfar board's position however seems to be "But we get on with Ray". At some point the manager will have to repay that undeserved loyalty.

It is genuinely insane and an act of gross self sabotage that they are backing McKinnon so hard. Not only is it not paying off on the park but it is driving fans away.

I honestly believe he will still be out manager when we kick off  in the Highland League next season.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Correct 

I've decided to reframe my thinking*

I believe the board have given him the first quarter of the league season before they make any decision. 

Therefore, in my mind there are inly 3 games left of McKinnonBall.

*until he's still in the dugout vs Dick and Pink.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

It is genuinely insane and an act of gross self sabotage that they are backing McKinnon so hard. Not only is it not paying off on the park but it is driving fans away.

This x 1000.

I have defended the committee many times on this forum when I felt criticism was unjustified, I still believe we are fortunate to have hard working and decent, honest folk there.

BUT, this simply cannot continue.  We are a football club not a curry night club or a golf day club - the product on the park is the number one priority, all else flows from that.

We can only hope the committee have plans in place to deal with the inevitable.

1 minute ago, speedframe said:

This x 1000.

I have defended the committee many times on this forum when I felt criticism was unjustified, I still believe we are fortunate to have hard working and decent, honest folk there.

BUT, this simply cannot continue.  We are a football club not a curry night club or a golf day club - the product on the park is the number one priority, all else flows from that.

We can only hope the committee have plans in place to deal with the inevitable.

They do, they've been talking to the Brechin board to establish who has the best catering in the HL.

I'm not sure what playing for bottom of the Highland league Strathspey is going to do for him either tbh, think he's a least good enough to do better than that.

Bit like when we sent our backup goalie Lewis Sanderson on loan to vale of leithen when they losing every game conceding at 3+ goals each time, the player gains almost nothing at clubs like that.

Edited by ScottishLoon

15 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I'm not sure what playing for bottom of the Highland league Strathspey is going to do for him either tbh, think he's a least good enough to do better than that.

Bit like when we sent our backup goalie Lewis Sanderson on loan to vale of leithen when they losing every game conceding at 3+ goals each time, the player gains almost nothing at clubs like that.

A player gains nothing playing for Forfar either 😅

Poor Filip though I imagine he thought he'd at least get some game time with us, you know, considering we have no fullbacks at the club!

16 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

If he can't get a game at Forfar, he's likely not that good for now.

Or perhaps he is quite good, given Ray's inability to be able to put a decent side / gameplan together.

It really is time to act before we are cast even more adrift.

I've supported the club for 47 years and this is the worst I've seen it (from a distance albeit). 

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

7 years to the day since Bollan was sacked.

Starting to think he wasn't that bad in comparison.

Malcolm was much worse than bollan, at least bollan had some really good recruitment and we played decent football.

Malcolm era was just a complete shit show and partly why we're in the mess we are now.