Premiership Referees

Just realised that the link does not include the whole of the article.
The article goes on to describe how nearly all referees at grade 1 come from only 3 central belt association. How a number of our FIFA officials were promoted to this level BEFORE officiating a top league match in Scotland. You couldn't make it up*

*SPOILER
Being the Herald, it may be made up.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

No English officials at world cup due to the lack of quality too.

That's not strictly true.

Mark Clattenburg was named on FIFA's "long list" (the one that always has a Scottish referee on it before being cut when the shortlist is produced), but he left for a new job in Saudi Arabia. FIFA refused The FA's request to name a replacement.

There will almost certainly be an English team of officials at the next World Cup. 

Madden is probably the best of a bad bunch, even he isn’t great. Then it’s probably thomson IMO.

It actively upsets me when I see we’ve got Dallas or Beaton both pathetic excuses for officials. One only where he is because of his dad, who like WeeperDee lives in fear of watching his dad take another kicking from old firm fans.

19 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

I wonder how long it will be until a club sues a ref..when he gets a Desicion wrong that leads to relegation 

I think that it will probably be an infinite amount of time. For several reasons.

Are they all as bad as this season has proved? Craig Thomson, Andrew Dallas, Alan Muir etc have had a very poor season, and some clubs are paying with their lives in the league. 
Is there any accountability to their employer for poor performance?, if not, why not! Modern technology will probably be the answer, but knowing the SFA we won't see it for decades.
They have a difficult job at times, but at our games there is 4 of them and they still get major decisions way wrong, it seems that the assistants do NOT help much, and when they do it can be mind boggling what they see.
is the training up to scratch? and also their attitude to players?

Out of the 23 men on a park every Saturday I would guess that the referee makes less errors than the other 22.

It actively upsets me when I see we’ve got Dallas or Beaton both pathetic excuses for officials. One only where he is because of his dad, who like WeeperDee lives in fear of watching his dad take another kicking.

I’m all for hammering into the forums biggest shitebag but you are scraping the barrel with that reference.

20 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

I wonder how long it will be until a club sues a ref..when he gets a Desicion wrong that leads to relegation 

Never.

All clubs agree to play under the Laws of the Game, and said Laws stipulate that the referee's decision is final. Since that couldn't in any way be interpreted as an unreasonable condition, legally such a case wouldn't even get off the ground.

When Steven McL.ean was appointed as a Killie fan I celebrated , his dad was an ex Killie legend , how wrong was I . I honestly can’t recall him having a decent game when refereeing us and if anything he appeared to go out of his way to give us nothing . 
Im not paranoid , no siree Jim bob 

Agree with that mate

Traditionally our referees have come from the professional/managerial classes whose inbuilt supposed superiority would incline them to talk down to mainly working class players who might even look up to their "superiors". Don't know if this is still the case nowadays and when games are filmed it allows minute scrutiny of mistakes which wasn't the case in the past. One thing that has not changed, however, is that when one of them removes his boots and socks, the feet are undoubtedly cloven.

Archived