Kieran Tierney

28 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I don’t think you’ve been watching Arsenal very often.

Zinchenko might have been listed at LB on the BBC graphic but he certainly wasn’t playing it. 

Oh I have watched him plenty of times. His defending in the left back area often wasn't great either. Being nutmegged by Trent in the Liverpool match (in the left back area) springs to mind. More recently, falling on his arse against Murphy in the Newcastle match. In the left back area. Zinchenko was replaced by Tierney - the left back.

Edited by Chewing Taffies

Imagine making things up just to criticise one of our players, absolutely mental behaviour.

For the avoidance of doubt, Tierney has made more than 5x as many appearances at left back for Arsenal this season than Kiwior and Tomiyasu combined.

He has made many more starts than both combined.

He has played many more minutes than both combined.

So if you really believe Tierney is 4th choice left back you live in a fantasy world.

If you don't, then your attempt at trolling has been piss poor and you really must do better next time.

More likely you dived in, massively fucked it up, and lack the self confidence to humbly admit you got it wrong so you kept digging instead. Think maybe time to disappear for a bit.

Edited by Satoshi

On 31/05/2023 at 12:55, Jives Miguel said:

A series of dreadful posts from Donathan there.

"ohh ackshullay he wasn't playing left-back, he was playing as an inverted hybrid mezzala wing midfielder in the famous 3.5 -2 - 0.5 - 2.5 - 1.5 formation. Have you even watched this season, pleb"

He's right though, Zinchenko spends far more time in the defensive midfield area of the pitch than the left back area. 

Tierney was even doing the same in a couple of game he came off the bench and you could see it didn't suit him at all. 

4 minutes ago, Zazu said:

He's right though, Zinchenko spends far more time in the defensive midfield area of the pitch than the left back area. 

Tierney was even doing the same in a couple of game he came off the bench and you could see it didn't suit him at all. 

I'm aware of how Zinchenko plays. He's still a left-back m8. In the same way that Harry Kane doesn't become a midfielder because he spends a large portion of the game collecting the ball in very deep positions. In the same way that Mo Salah and David Beckham are(were) both right-wingers, despite having very different roles and styles of play.

On 31/05/2023 at 09:47, Jives Miguel said:

Its hilarious how desperate "theroadlesstraveled" is for a bite on this forum. A desperate, dreadful troll who couldn't get a bite in a petting zoo

He used to annoy me but look at it more as jokes than trolling. Some of them are pretty good, some not so good. Same kind of deal as @Barry Ferguson's Hat

And in fairness he gets a bite nearly every post from the only poster who seems to be unable to detect any form of humor.

Theres only one poster making the forum unreadable and it isn't the guys posting one line jokes.

Its the guy rewriting the same 5 paragraphs and posting them continuously.

9 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I'm aware of how Zinchenko plays. He's still a left-back m8. In the same way that Harry Kane doesn't become a midfielder because he spends a large portion of the game collecting the ball in very deep positions. In the same way that Mo Salah and David Beckham are(were) both right-wingers, despite having very different roles and styles of play.

Recently sky started changing their formation graphics to include Stones and Trent in defensive mid in front of a back 3 despite both actually playing right back in your eyes

They're playing both defensive midfield and fullback depending on the phase of play, Zinchenko only really pops up at left back when arsenal haven't had the ball for 30 seconds or so of play, which isn't very often. 

9 minutes ago, Zazu said:

Recently sky started changing their formation graphics to include Stones and Trent in defensive mid in front of a back 3 despite both actually playing right back in your eyes

They're playing both defensive midfield and fullback depending on the phase of play, Zinchenko only really pops up at left back when arsenal haven't had the ball for 30 seconds or so of play, which isn't very often. 

No, they're both playing full back. Thank you. 👍

41 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

No, they're both playing full back. Thank you. 👍

Only you could think that the graphics on the BBC website are the indicator of a player’s position rather than what they’re actually doing on the pitch 

On 31/05/2023 at 13:00, Savage Henry said:

FTFY 

This section of the forum has always been mental but it feels like it's now a bawhair away from the politics forum, where everyone is just entrenched in their view and will defend it no matter what. A complete waste of bandwidth. 

43 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Only you could think that the graphics on the BBC website are the indicator of a player’s position rather than what they’re actually doing on the pitch 

He's a left back champ. Roles change and develop all the time, just like the Salah-Beckham example I raised shows. If you're basing what a players position is by his average positions on the pitch then you're a moron I'm afraid. and you therefore also think that Cancelo is a right-winger and Harry Kane a centre-midfielder. Ederson's also a sweeper now, not a goalie. 

You sound like a fella that was a picture of Jonathan Wilson on his bedside table. Grow up.

48 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

He's a left back champ. Roles change and develop all the time, just like the Salah-Beckham example I raised shows. If you're basing what a players position is by his average positions on the pitch then you're a moron I'm afraid. and you therefore also think that Cancelo is a right-winger and Harry Kane a centre-midfielder. Ederson's also a sweeper now, not a goalie. 

You sound like a fella that was a picture of Jonathan Wilson on his bedside table. Grow up.

Damn, it doesn't usually take you this long to out yourself. Good to have you back. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

This section of the forum has always been mental but it feels like it's now a bawhair away from the politics forum, where everyone is just entrenched in their view and will defend it no matter what. A complete waste of bandwidth. 

You also coming on to post that same regurgitated message every once in a while doesn't really improve things any does it?

“It’s something good to have in the team. We encourage him [to move into midfield] and he’s a midfield player playing as a full-back, it gives us the adaptability and the variety of positions to attack and defend spaces. It’s an extra weapon to have because we are more unpredictable.”

Arteta on Zinchenko.

Tierney doesn’t have that in his locker. Tierney is just a left back, mostly left back in the dressing room.

16 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Damn, it doesn't usually take you this long to out yourself. Good to have you back. 

No idea what you're talking about champ, but if you think I have another account on here feel free to contact the mods and admins to check my IP.

Thank you.

On 02/06/2023 at 09:12, Jives Miguel said:

No idea what you're talking about champ, but if you think I have another account on here feel free to contact the mods and admins to check my IP.

Thank you.

I'm not a grass