Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road

senorsoupe

I'll take a boring draw of any kind  next week if it means onto the next qualifier.

Thought Rodgers showed his tactical genius in changing things up for the second half and transformed the squad completely into a coherent side that played some nifty stuff at times.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We looked laboured in the first half. Forrest in the middle and McGregor out wide just didn't work.

Different team 2nd half, and should have been more than 3.

Worrying the amount of people and pundits who immediately started talking about AEK right after the game though. This is far from finished. If Rosenborg get an early one, our arses will be twitching.

Although to counter that, I have full confidence we'll score over there. And I'm happy that my dream of becoming a professional football player despite being close to 40 and about 4 stone overweight is alive, thanks to watching Bendtner for 90 minutes last night. How that guy has stole a living from football I'll never know...

On a side note, had the joys of the "restricted view" tickets last night, with the big pillar blocking the nearest goal for me. Honestly don't know how away fans buy tickets for Parkhead if that's the view they have to put up with at the other end!

Caught the last 30 minutes or so, and couldn't decide if Celtic were very good or Rosenborg very bad. Celtic should have scored a few more, but 3-1 is a good lead to take over there, and I don't see any way that Rosenborg can come out and attack Celtic without leaving a lot of space on the break, which is probably when Celtic are at their most dangerous. Should be a straight forward route to the next round of qualifiers.

12 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

WOW what a second half,every fan up in down the country must have enjoyed that,the 2 goals Celtic scored was absolute class.
Thought Celtic should've had a pen in the first half,happy with the end result could have been more,what a second half magic. 

Poverty of thought, allied to poverty of expression.

It must be in Celtic's DNA.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Poverty of thought, allied to poverty of expression.

It must be in Celtic's DNA.

Your inability to see passed your nose is no surprise to me,small country small mind small mentality.
If you ever start to see the bigger picture please don't be afraid.   

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your inability to see passed your nose is no surprise to me,small country small mind small mentality.
If you ever start to see the bigger picture please don't be afraid.   

It's that bigger picture that depresses me so.

No restricted views of it for some of us.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your pessimistic DNA and restricted view needs to accept the position in the food chain,i have no sympathy for you. 

I think it's entirely appropriate Willie, that you have no sympathy for me.

Archived