Jump to content

Celtic in Europe 2018-19, the long and winding road


senorsoupe

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Deja vu said:

Good win, and refreshing to hear a manager own up to a mistake. But would have he if it hadn't worked out? 

It did, and that is all that matters in this moment in time. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, it's brilliant news for Aberdeen if Celtic can go on to grab upwards of £20m.

I hear this all the time and every time the comment is made it just makes me laugh.

Aberdeen don't have much of a chance of winning the league now with or without the Champions League money for Celtic. The only way we can improve the squad is by paying better wages, this is only going to happen if more money is coming into the league.

To get this money we need the league to be performing better, this has been happening over the past few seasons on and off the park. Scottish clubs doing well in Europe is also marketing our game, all the negativity when teams go out early is not doing our league any good.

Every time a Scottish team plays in Europe, I want them to win, doesn't matter who it is. Of course wouldn't want them to actually win it :) 

Celtic will always have more money than Aberdeen, I feel the more money we have in the league, the better chance anyone has of being close to Celtic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ssdon said:

 

Celtic will always have more money than Aberdeen, I feel the more money we have in the league, the better chance anyone has of being close to Celtic. 

Utterly nonsensical, given the sums involved and the directions they go in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good for aberdeen if they can go on to grab upwards of £8m.

Not in relation to the one club currently ahead of them, in the far likelier event of that side securing three times as much.

Football finances are relative, not absolute, given that the idea is for clubs to compete with each other, using resources that cost money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Utterly nonsensical, given the sums involved and the directions they go in.

 

Still does not change the fact that Aberdeen will find it very difficult to challenge.

We all lose our players to shit English teams because we cant afford to give them the salary, Scottish football is in the best place off the park its been in for a long time. We all expect a much better TV deal which will increase our power to retain some of the players we may have lost before and recruit better standard.

You clearly want the league to stay in the dark ages and be knocked out of Europe in the early stages. I do not, I want us to start fairing much better than we do now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ssdon said:

Still does not change the fact that Aberdeen will find it very difficult to challenge.

It doesn't change the fact as in reversing it, but it does change it in terms of reinforcing and strengthening it.

Your primary concern is with a notion of quality; whereas I'm more interested in equality, because when that's in place you get more interesting football matches and football competitions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Football finances are relative, not absolute, given that the idea is for clubs to compete with each other,

What about the clubs below Aberdeen it works both ways,Aberdeen is a great example of a one city club,building a new stadium and training complex,they are not standing still.
Something that they should have done 20 years ago,clubs make money but it's the way they spend it, that's the problem.
Fans want it spent on the first team,not on the stadium or the pitch or on youth development.
I couldn't care less how much money Celtic have, i don't support Celtic for their balance sheet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not in relation to the one club currently ahead of them, in the far likelier event of that side securing three times as much.
Football finances are relative, not absolute, given that the idea is for clubs to compete with each other, using resources that cost money.


MT you should know now not to engage with this guy.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What about the clubs below Aberdeen it works both ways,Aberdeen is a great example of a one city club,building a new stadium and training complex,they are not standing still.
Something that they should have done 20 years ago,clubs make money but it's the way they spend it, that's the problem.
Fans want it spent on the first team,not on the stadium or the pitch or on youth development.
I couldn't care less how much money Celtic have, i don't support Celtic for their balance sheet. 

:lol:

Rubbish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at your post before the Burnley game i was more confident in your team getting a result than you,blinded by the money tree.

 

I’m sure there’s a point in there somewhere. Given we’re technically losing the tie after playing about as well as I could’ve hoped I’m not sure I was too wrong.

 

ETA - focusing on a single result fundamentally misses the point anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

 

I’m sure there’s a point in there somewhere. Given we’re technically losing the tie after playing about as well as I could’ve hoped I’m not sure I was too wrong.

 

ETA - focusing on a single result fundamentally misses the point anyway.

Aberdeen haven't been beat at home for 8 games in Europe before the Burnley game plus the lack of European experience Burnley had yet you and your fellow fans had the ready made excuses,beat before a ball was kicked mentality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...