Dundee United 2018/2019

5 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The last tweet was a "match preview" with James Keatings. Would they/he do that if he was leaving?

What do people think of Keatings? Seen a lot of fans of other clubs saying they'd be happy if they signed him.

I would be happy to keep as I think he has something to offer and at least has a decent record at Championship level.

24 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Arbroath 4-1 Ross County (Championship favourites) FT

What does this all mean? Where do we go from here? Who is America?

Maybe County done a Laszlo and treated tonight as a meaningless midweek friendly. 

There can be no other explanation Arbroath are not as good as that.

Maybe County done a Laszlo and treated tonight as a meaningless midweek friendly. 

There can be no other explanation Arbroath are not as good as that.

How many times have you seen us play?

County I thought still looked decent on paper, we just played well and could’ve easily got a few more. We were pretty poor against United at Tannadice, slow and off the pace going forward but organised at the back and good defensively.

It was a bad night for them but got to credit us too. I still think it’ll be between County/United/Thistle and Dunfermline for the league. Think that’ll be the top 4 in some kind of order.

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How many times have you seen us play?

County I thought still looked decent on paper, we just played well and could’ve easily got a few more. We were pretty poor against United at Tannadice, slow and off the pace going forward but organised at the back and good defensively.

It was a bad night for them but got to credit us too. I still think it’ll be between County/United/Thistle and Dunfermline for the league. Think that’ll be the top 4 in some kind of order.

Having a go more at Laszlo and his ludicrous treat the Betfred group games as pre season attidudes than Arbroath.

Arbroath could have won 4-1 at Tannadice and Laszlo would have waffled on about now concerns over a glorified friendly and the team will be ready for the league starting.  The guy is an utter clown. 

Having a go more at Laszlo and his ludicrous treat the Betfred group games as pre season attidudes than Arbroath.
Arbroath could have won 4-1 at Tannadice and Laszlo would have waffled on about now concerns over a glorified friendly and the team will be ready for the league starting.  The guy is an utter clown. 

You’ll not find me arguing that. I argued for John Hughes at the time though and people seemed to have a similar opinion of him. Still stand by that however. [emoji102]

May aswell just get rid of him now because it’s inevitable he’s gonna go at some point this season.

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

No stranger to a filled roll going by his highlights video. The Nat Wedderburn of wingers. 

Upon further examination, this chap's name is worryingly an anagram of 'Mealy Baconkin' and 'I Amenably Conk'.

What the f**k does this new-fangled scouting network even do with their days? :angry: 

Your premise is that United should be signing players from the English lower leagues in preference to anywhere else.

I don't recall saying that was my preference or should be the clubs preference my argument is we have brought resources to the club and those resources should be used in the appropriate manner, we can ill afford to have people at our club that do not actively contribute ( David Southern being another example ). The club have stated they are bringing back the United way and I’d question how this translates into our recent signings (other than the 25-mile radius).

The players being brought to the club will be given a chance just like every other player but I fail to see the strategy (identity) we are trying to establish and build upon. The club will live and die by its recruitment therefore, it's not narrow-minded that alarm bells should be ringing given its been a monumental failure over recent seasons - I don't think you can argue that's been dreamt.

14 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Arbroath beating Ross County 2-1 just now.

Maybe we have underestimated the Lichties and a point wasn't that bad.

Similarly, Montrose got pumped by Forfar. This points to great times ahead for Falkirk and United and even better times for the Even Newer Firm of Montrose and Forfar. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Similarly, Montrose got pumped by Forfar. This points to great times ahead for Falkirk and United and even better times for the Even Newer Firm of Montrose and Forfar. 

These things go in cycles.

For Forfar and Montrose it looks like it's #theirtime and who could deny them their success?

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

These things go in cycles.

For Forfar and Montrose it looks like it's #theirtime and who could deny them their success?

We'll all have to step aside soon as they motor through the Championship. Pars are toiling so far without the likes of Aird and Clark. We've yet to beat another Championship team this season and that shows how instrumental they were and how success for you guys looks assured with them on board. 

I'm working up here and staying in a flat across from the Albert for the week.  Probably have a few jars  tomorrow night in there. 
The kebab was class. 

Albert bar aka kiddies is a good pub. Sandys bar along the road from is is decent as well