Dundee United 2018/2019

You think the 1st team is bad. Should have seen the reserves at broughty joonyers getting pumped. Fecking reeking.

An junior team beating a team of teenagers? Not really a shock (also is 1-0 a ‘pumping’?)

In other news I had a bacon roll and chips at Elgin today, first time I’ve had that combination at the football and I throughly enjoyed it.

Guest DAVIDB69

First time I had seen them live today this season and in the first half my fears were justified they were brutal and it was two evenly match sides.

However once the number 90 came on as sub , he seemed the most creative player we had and he looked ok at this level.

I still feel winning this league looks unlikely at the moment but the throw loads of darts at a dartboard signing philosophy might find a few of reasonable quality

Friendly locals but 5.50 for pie and chips from a van inside the ground was taking the piss

An junior team beating a team of teenagers? Not really a shock (also is 1-0 a ‘pumping’?)

In other news I had a bacon roll and chips at Elgin today, first time I’ve had that combination at the football and I throughly enjoyed it.

Utd were pathetic, that's the reality. 2 or 3 guys playing that have had 1st team experience as well. NONE of the players used stood out, in actual fact, some were absolutely stinking, the rest extremely average at best.

Using the age route as an argument doesn't wash either I'm afraid as Broughty's average age must be around the 23 mark.

Easton has a job on his hands that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Jock Tamson said:

Utd were pathetic, that's the reality. 2 or 3 guys playing that have had 1st team experience as well. NONE of the players used stood out, in actual fact, some were absolutely stinking, the rest extremely average at best.

Easton has a job on his hands that's for sure.

It's a brand new squad, with a brand new manager and a core group of young boys learning their trade. Personally I think it is a bit harsh calling them 'pathetic' regardless of their performance. 

It's a brand new squad, with a brand new manager and a core group of young boys learning their trade. Personally I think it is a bit harsh calling them 'pathetic' regardless of their performance. 
Pathetic compared to the Utd youths/reserves of old that's for sure.

Guest DAVIDB69

Said a few days ago, that we should be looking to rearrange a league game for Saturday 18th August .

If partick dont get through in the league cup, they need Hearts not to beat Inverness , we can play partick at firhill then rather than on a Tuesday night in October.

Makes sense bigger crowds, more fans going when the weather will still be ok . But nothing is ever done that makes sense

56 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Said a few days ago, that we should be looking to rearrange a league game for Saturday 18th August .

If partick dont get through in the league cup, they need Hearts not to beat Inverness , we can play partick at firhill then rather than on a Tuesday night in October.

Makes sense bigger crowds, more fans going when the weather will still be ok . But nothing is ever done that makes sense

That’s an eminently sensible idea.  Your chance of being elected to the SPFL board has just gone from very slim to zero.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Open trials day at Dens by all accounts. 4 offered deals so far. 

Thanks for clarifying that AM.

Desperate times for them under the Shite Pundit but that's none of my business.

13 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Thanks for clarifying that AM.

Desperate times for them under the Shite Pundit but that's none of my business.

Don't remind me that McCann is a manager, makes me laugh. Still chuckle at the tantrums he and McNamara threw when they didn't get the Falkirk job. Not often we manage to dodge two bullets at once.