1 hour ago, banana said:

Is she still in Suits etc., and what happens with her pumping roles now?

Other than Suits she has never had a recurring character - one episode at most. Few years ago she appeared as a contestant on the yankee Deal or No Deal to get a bit of screen time. She's a nothing.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The choir mellowed things out though. I'd imagine Harry had to fight a fair bit of resistance from the Palace old guard.

I (obviously) didn't watch it but just saw the choir on YT.  So jingoistic tokenism or sincerity?  

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I (obviously) didn't watch it but just saw the choir on YT.  So jingoistic tokenism or sincerity?  

Sincerity about it being about 2 people and their different backgrounds, not just about a commoner being accepted into to the Royalty and Ye Olde England. A tad awkward juxtaposition but brave imo.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I never watched the wedding, however that was a great rendition by the choir.

The choir mistress looked like she was either trying to take flight or she was paying homage to Eurovision winner Netta doing a chicken impression.

It's events like this that the monarchy uses to sugar coat their greed, I believe the cost of the security alone was £32 million which we the tax payers paid for.

As an example of their outright greed George the Third surrendered the Crown Estates, the biggest landowner in the UK. to the government to get out of paying for the civil service, armies and navy's etc, in return the Monarch got monies from the Civil List.

The vast profits from the CE since that time is paid into the treasury to benefit the nation.

Ever since all monarch's have fought to get some of the Crown Estate profits back to them.

This year the queen finally succeeded in getting 15% paid directly to her, that amounted to £75 million, with her income from the Duchy of Lancaster her income for this year was just under £100 million.

Further the £75 million she received this year cannot be less next year and so on and feckin on.

The Scottish Government have for some years now asked for the Crown Estate profits raised in Scotland to be paid to them to benefit Scotland but The Treasury has repeatedly fecked them off.

Another feckin scam they get up to is claiming that presents she receives on foreign state visits belong to her and the monarchy, imagine what the Saudis give her, as the UK's Head of State all presents she receives on these visits belong to the state, you and I,

The Queens gallery at Buckingham Palace contains countless priceless paintings by famous artists which various governments, John Major being the most vociferous,  have argued that many of those belong to the state, she and those before her strongly deny this and to cap it all you and I have to pay to enter the queens gallery to view them.

It's all feckin thievery at the end of the day and hopefully future generations will wake up to it.

Edited by SandyCromarty
addition

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Palace has just announced Meghan and Harry are expecting

see - this is where that ridiculous American use of "has" falls on its arse (or ass); reading that and applying the witless colonialism, it sounds as if Roy Hodgson has just revealed the happy (sic) news to the nation, tacking it on to a soundbite about Wilfrid Zaha's injury and the fact that they're playing a pre-season friendly against Sutton United...