Bo'ness United 2018/19

Based on the attendances at our 5 cup ties and on an average of £4.00 a head comes to £1656 for our 2 home ties + Raffle. Our 3 away ties have generated £2988 for our opponents.

Total gate receipts £4644. So under the previous regime (ie Juniors) we would have had £2322 instead we are £666 down. These figures are only an estimate.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, wee dougie said:

I was not at the negotiations and only asked a simple question. I don't think it merited bringing in inter club rivalries, it's sanctimonious, know alls like you, creating  mischief that can give supporters of other teams a reason to dislike your club.

If I had known the answer I wouldn't have asked the question. There are very few clubs in this league can afford a run of away games.

Like you I'm entitled to my opinion, and that is, I think this is a very poor rule.

I answered your simple question with a simple answer - this post is in response to someone else.

I think most supporters of Bo’ness dislike my club anyway. Lol 

43 minutes ago, PatP said:

I answered your simple question with a simple answer - this post is in response to someone else.

No this post is directed straight at you . Just look back at what you posted to an innocent enquiry and tell me again it was a simple answer to a simple question.

I did not need the lecture on economics that you think you're in the position to give, if you think how you replied is a simple answer then you need help.

You say most Bo'ness supporters dislike your club I would imagine supporters of most clubs dislike supporters like you  no matter what club you choose to support

1 hour ago, wee dougie said:

No this post is directed straight at you . Just look back at what you posted to an innocent enquiry and tell me again it was a simple answer to a simple question.

I did not need the lecture on economics that you think you're in the position to give, if you think how you replied is a simple answer then you need help.

You say most Bo'ness supporters dislike your club I would imagine supporters of most clubs dislike supporters like you  no matter what club you choose to support

I did look back and in response to your question I quoted you and said “Totally correct”. 

So I will tell you again you got a simple answer to your simple query.

Feel free to comment on what I say to other people - this place is all about opinions. 

19 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Draws thusfar have handed Bo'ness 6 home/6 away, anyway :unsure2:.

Given your higher home crowds gate-sharing on those played so far (4/4) would clearly have cost you money, AFAICS :unsure::

4 home ties ... total crowds given as 1,114
4 away ties ... total crowds given as 897

I heard some clubs see it and no guarantee system as positive. Perhaps some combination would be most optimal, tbf. However it's hardly going to 'put clubs out of the game' unless they'd foolishly budgeted on multiple cup runs with home draws? Plus in the South Challenge Cup away travel is subsidised.

I'd agree the away side having to pay for 1 linesman (where provided) is more dubious. Guess the thinking is having assistants helps both sides, so both pay, but it is certainly more debateable.

When the Juniors ran the League Cup,  matches were treated as per League games.

Tbf if you're in favour of gate-sharing, surely the League Cup would be treated the same as other cups, both its knockout ties and its sections (certainly if not played home-and-away)?

You happened to get 2 home games out of 3 in the section (with a total crowd given as 680) then drew a home tie in the knockouts.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf if you're in favour of gate-sharing, surely the League Cup would be treated the same as other cups, both its knockout ties and its sections (certainly if not played home-and-away)?

You happened to get 2 home games out of 3 in the section (with a total crowd given as 680) then drew a home tie in the knockouts.

I omitted the fact that the league cup sections were played home and away so therefore no need for gate sharing. 

On 10/8/2018 at 11:50, PatP said:

How would most Bo'ness Supporters hate Scotland????

On 10/8/2018 at 10:25, boheesian said:

Based on the attendances at our 5 cup ties and on an average of £4.00 a head comes to £1656 for our 2 home ties + Raffle. Our 3 away ties have generated £2988 for our opponents.

Total gate receipts £4644. So under the previous regime (ie Juniors) we would have had £2322 instead we are £666 down. These figures are only an estimate.

Yes good point ! 

15 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Looking forward to a hard fought slugfest in the mud. Mon the BU's !!!.

I was at dunipace last night the new park is looking really good if bu park comes out like that it would really good

Archived