World Cup of Beer - BEL vs PAN

Christophe

Which beer?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Next up, BELGIUM VS PANAMA...

In the red corner, weighing in at 6.2%, a red ale representing Belgium...DUCHESSE DE BOURGOGNE!

ACA7B2A8-193E-4A15-BEF9-F49D42CF65B2.png.377eb6fd6f5566a7197c536959a58895.png

In the other red corner, weighing in at 3.8%, a pale lager representing Panama...ATLAS!

B799CA44-9E32-4F63-8A90-73CC1E31F568.jpeg.b6d1b383ba47364fa3b3162fe4671370.jpeg

8 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

There is no way on earth that Belgium can't win this entire competition. Those Flemish fuckers make the best beer on the planet...

Agreed! (although not just the Flemish, the Walloon make great beer too)

This is probably sacrilege but I've never been that sold on Belgian beer though I've not tried much past the big names, Leffe, Chimay etc and a couple of Saison beers (which is to this day the only beer I've ever bought and disliked so much I didn't bother finishing it). I have found them to be too sweet for my taste. As far as generic lagers go though I think Stella is one of the better ones.

14 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

This is probably sacrilege but I've never been that sold on Belgian beer though I've not tried much past the big names, Leffe, Chimay etc and a couple of Saison beers (which is to this day the only beer I've ever bought and disliked so much I didn't bother finishing it). I have found them to be too sweet for my taste. As far as generic lagers go though I think Stella is one of the better ones.

Stella one of the better ones? It's one of the worst, definitely amongst the Belgian lagers...

Stella one of the better ones? It's one of the worst, definitely amongst the Belgian lagers...

I mean compared to other mass-produced lagers, Becks, Carling, Tennents, Fosters etc.

I did a beer tasting at work and found the Belgian beers to consistently either taste sour or sweet to me. I'm sure there are plenty of really nice ones but in my experience I've never been overly fond of them.

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I mean compared to other mass-produced lagers, Becks, Carling, Tennents, Fosters etc.

I did a beer tasting at work and found the Belgian beers to consistently either taste sour or sweet to me. I'm sure there are plenty of really nice ones but in my experience I've never been overly fond of them.

I can't really agree then either. Stella isn't my favourite lager at all. Jupiler is the best Belgian lager imo. I'd still rate Tennets, Kronenbourg, Grolsch, Hertog Jan, Maes and the big German lagers higher.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I can't really agree then either. Stella isn't my favourite lager at all. Jupiler is the best Belgian lager imo. I'd still rate Tennets, Kronenbourg, Grolsch, Hertog Jan, Maes and the big German lagers higher.

Agreed on this, probably my favourite of the Euro-Lagers is Lowenbrau although Heineken is decent as well

Archived