Germany v Sweden

I'm watching the game on the BBC replay (briefly before going to bed) and Jonathan Pearce is commentating. He's still sticking with the computer game thing, berating Reus' missed "playstation flick" "You can do that in a game but not here"

I love this idea that he lives in 1996 and has just discovered they're a thing.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having to opt between Sule or Hummels to replace Boateng is a pretty good decision to have, imo, although I think it'd be quite hard not to give it to Hummels seeing as he played a big part in winning the last world cup.

It's an obvious thing, but trying to find a way to replace Miroslav Klose's impact on the other hand must be an absolute nightmare as a manager - heavily zoomed out, but to illustrate:

"International Goals Scored by Miroslav Klose" (not even incorporated into his main page, it gets a separate article!)

image.thumb.png.33d72e4f15b83eff176706ad0abb0126.png

It amazes me how Germany are, quite literally, the world champions, but folk, particularly English people, are shocked that they can pull a result like that out of the bag.

14 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm watching the game on the BBC replay (briefly before going to bed) and Jonathan Pearce is commentating. He's still sticking with the computer game thing, berating Reus' missed "playstation flick" "You can do that in a game but not here"

Still here

"What is the point of the assistant referee now with V A R? If everything is reviewed he has nothing to do." Seething at Boateng's booking too. "The referee has heard from someone somewhere, for goodness sake do your job!"

37 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Still here

"What is the point of the assistant referee now with V A R? If everything is reviewed he has nothing to do." Seething at Boateng's booking too. "The referee has heard from someone somewhere, for goodness sake do your job!"

You have to bear in mind that this is a man who didn't (and possibly still doesn't) understand how goal-line technology works, see the last World Cup for details.

Having to opt between Sule or Hummels to replace Boateng is a pretty good decision to have, imo, although I think it'd be quite hard not to give it to Hummels seeing as he played a big part in winning the last world cup.

It's an obvious thing, but trying to find a way to replace Miroslav Klose's impact on the other hand must be an absolute nightmare as a manager - heavily zoomed out, but to illustrate:

"International Goals Scored by Miroslav Klose" (not even incorporated into his main page, it gets a separate article!)

image.thumb.png.33d72e4f15b83eff176706ad0abb0126.png

Although they kept implying he was dropped I think Hummels has a neck injury so I think that’s why he didn’t play yesterday and Boateng did. So I guess they’ll go with Sule until Hummels recovers, I don’t know how bad an injury it is.

I agree, replacing Klose must be nearly impossible! I like Werner but he and Gomez aren’t in the same league.

12 hours ago, The OP said:

Hmm, looks smells and tastes like bitter to me. Might just be preference for a large central European country over a small-ish northern European country but I’m gonna say bitterness all the way.

11 hours ago, The OP said:

Keane played for Celtic btw. And people who hate talented former Celtic strikers and the countries they hail from tend to hate “Southern Ireland” too for some reason.

This is clearly all about you calling out someone else for their baseless bitterness. It's evidently not you being extremely upset about a team with a Celtic player, who a Celtic legend also played for in the past, shitting the bed against 10 men.

Definitely not the latter.

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

This is clearly all about you calling out someone else for their baseless bitterness. It's evidently not you being extremely upset about a team with a Celtic player, who a Celtic legend also played for in the past, shitting the bed against 10 men.

Definitely not the latter.

Definitely not the latter, I won £120 when Kroos scored, I want Germany to progress to make life harder for Engerland and I thought Larsson looked pretty amused when Keane was spouting some shit so I don’t think he needs to cure his own depression.

Soz x

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Anything involving Pearce either sees the channel changed or the volume control immediately hit. It normally fluctuates around the 40 mark. In the highlights programme last night I had it down at 5 and could still make him out screaming because someone got a throw in. The guy is an egotistical c**t of the highest order who thinks viewers tune in to listen to him rather than watch a game of football. 

7 hours ago, throbber said:

Outstanding from Germany to win that game after looking so down and out. That’s the difference between them and the likes of Argentina.

Phew!  Thank goodness Germany didn’t go out in the group stages. Last time that happened was 1938.

They took it quite badly.

On 6/23/2018 at 21:01, naegoodinthedark said:

Ha ha, f**k you Michael Lustig!!

f**k you!!

B7jv6D0.gif

On 6/23/2018 at 20:58, G-MAN said:

Dry your eyes Lustig you utter c**t.

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

DN4wdsHW0AAaOmq?format=jpg&name=small

On 6/23/2018 at 20:56, Miguel Sanchez said:

Still, Mikael Lustig will be unhappy.

hhpO7vx.gif

Archived