South Korea v Germany

Delightful seeing one of the arrogant 'we only have to turn up' big teams finally getting their just desserts from a passionate, hard-working team.

#fuckargentina #fuckportugal #fuckgermany 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

Last time Germany went out at the group stage was 1938 and they didn't take it too well that time....

English pundits and fans reveling in Germanys exit. I think there's a German word for that?

Kapitulationsrückzug?

If you didn't watch Mexico v Sweden, dig it out on iPlayer and watch the injury time and after the final whistle. The crowd reactions as South Korea score, then it goes to VAR, then is given, then score again... it gave me goosebumps.

The most dramatic World Cup group stage ever?

17 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

Last time Germany went out at the group stage was 1938 and they didn't take it too well that time....

English pundits and fans reveling in Germanys exit. I think there's a German word for that?

On the other hand, Yekaterinburg is a lot further into Russia than Germany managed last time. 

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

OK.  Just in.  Who are Germany likely to be playing in the next round?

Qatar. If you wanna know who England will be playing in the quarters just watch any British coverage of the World Cup.

As I said on the squad thread before the tournament started, there’s no way that 22 were winning the thing.  One of the weakest Germany squads I can remember.

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I assume that all the English folk revelling in Germany going out are bitter wee racists?

Or does that only apply to Scotland in relation to their rivals?

Some Scots do A.B.E.

Some Engs do A.B.G.  or A.B.A. or A.B.F. or even  A.B.S.

Scots aren't even in the running, when it comes to the 'bitter wee racist' stakes.

France champions in 98, punted out group stage 2002
Italy champions 2006, emptied group stage 2010
Spain winners 2010, out in 2014 early doors
Now Germany. So not so unusual then in recent times. 
Crazy stuff :lol:

My theory

If your players have won a World Cup they become difficult to drop so players aren’t replaced when they need to be so there n four years time you’ve got too many who are past their best or have only just come into the squad

Or maybe it’s a supernatural magic curse thing

7 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Some Scots do A.B.E.

Some Engs do A.B.G.  or A.B.A. or A.B.F. or even  A.B.S.

Scots aren't even in the running, when it comes to the 'bitter wee racist' stakes.

My point is that laughing at your rivals when they fail and wanting your rivals to lose isn't in any way racist, yet often Scottish folk who chuckle when England are pumped and want them to lose are accused of racism. Clearly it's not, just as English fans laughing at Germany isn't, yet we don't hear them being accused of racism over it.

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

I might be wrong but the Germans don't really care about the English, the Dutch on the other hand.

I think you're right. Just as the English don't really care about us.

Archived