England v. Belgium

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice they didn't show tonight's goals over the closing credits but they did manage to squeeze in all six they got against the pub team!!!

9 minutes ago, banana said:

Dreadful game, great result for England.

Everyone in that half of the draw will fancy their chances at a semi. Good times.

I fancy my chances of a semi too when James & co get fired into that England defence.

How the feck the boy Pickford is in goals is beyond me, says a lot about english football if that's the best goalie they have.

Columbia won't be a walk on the park as the english media would have us believe.

Say's a lot about Southgate's confidence in his and his team's ability if by fielding a second string in tonight's game they are looking for an easy route. 

Cowards.

A confident team who believe in their ability will welcome any opponent with a 'bring them on' confidence.

I fancy my chances of a semi too when James & co get fired into that England defence.
Their Achilles heel, they've got the firepower, just have a shower of cart horses at the back, in Wright, Stones, Cahill & Pickford.

19 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

By Tuesday the English media will have made the Colombia match a guaranteed victory and written Sweden/Switzerland off as pointless shite so it's a formality for them to be in the semi-final. 

Tuesday? Make that 9.30  tonight.

I was in the pub last night with Eng fans who were really giving it large that they can win the whole thing. They were older geezers, 50 to 70-odds who should know better. When I pointed out that they had not played a 'big' team yet, I was basically ignored.

To mis-quote Greavsie,  "Premature Union Jack elation"

Enjoyed tonight's result :) and expect something similar v Col O mbia.      

eta Also one of them reckoned (seriously) that Putin had organised cheap flights for the thousands of foreign fans to make the competition a success.

I must drink elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I was in the pub last night with Eng fans who were really giving it large that they can win the whole thing. They were older geezers, 50 to 70-odds who should know better. When I pointed out that they had not played a 'big' team yet, I was basically ignored.

To mis-quote Greavsie,  "Premature Union Jack elation"

Enjoyed tonight's result :) and expect something similar v Col O mbia.      

That deserves a reddie but i'll pass this once!!

Sweden have effectively eliminated Netherlands, Italy and Germany (inc qualifying).

Switzerland and England's recent World Cup history is very similar.

Also Switzerland draw with Brazil, who England appear desperate to have avoided.

While they're obviously winnable, there's a danger of an Iceland scenario.

They'll need to play a 'big' team sooner or later.

37 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Couldn't picture England scoring against Belgium although Rashford had a great chance and shat it.  I think Columbia will beat England 1-0.

Don't know about exact score (1-0....2-1 ) but I go with a 1 goal win also...you should have heard the hubris on 5Live half an hour ago....unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

Sweden have effectively eliminated Netherlands, Italy and Germany (inc qualifying).

Switzerland and England's recent World Cup history is very similar.

Also Switzerland draw with Brazil, who England appear desperate to have avoided.

While they're obviously winnable, there's a danger of an Iceland scenario.

They'll need to play a 'big' team sooner or later.

Don't England have a very poor record against Sweden?

Archived