Drug deaths in Scotland hit record high

Guest Moomintroll
6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You're making my heart bleed. Go away.

And it's whose, not who's.

I have no idea what your issue is but you have been acting like a complete c**t on this thread, even after a load of posts were deleted you still cannot let it go. Time to step away for a bit before you get emptied, have never seen you post with such vitriol so clearly something about this pisses you off. I have no idea who that Nigel is but he didn't deserve what you were posting the other day.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Bet your mrs left you for a down and out heroin addict because he had bigger muscles, better teeth, more money and a nicer house than you you disgusting piece of shit.

Yes, that must be it. He was also more sanctimonious than me. Don't forget that.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

I have no idea what your issue is but you have been acting like a complete c**t on this thread, even after a load of posts were deleted you still cannot let it go. Time to step away for a bit before you get emptied, have never seen you post with such vitriol so clearly something about this pisses you off. I have no idea who that Nigel is but he didn't deserve what you were posting the other day.

It's buy one get one free at sanctimony club today.

Guest Moomintroll
6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Yes, that must be it. He was also more sanctimonious than me. Don't forget that.

It's buy one get one free at sanctimony club today.

Will leave you to your mission to get emptied then, hopefully the mods will also remove the obvious alias that just commented there as well.

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh for goodness sakes. There cannot be a single human being who has not been made fully aware of the dangers of illegal drugs.

Every single person knows organised criminal cartels control, manufacture and distribute these things, that no testing has been done on them and that all manner of crap gets added to everything to bulk them out.

And yet millions of people make the decision to use them anyway and the consequence is misery for everyone who lives with and around them in terms of crime rates etc as they steal to feed their habits.

Why should caring about others be an exclusively one-way street?

This "all right Jack" nonsense seems to be the go-to phrase to use these days. It's ridiculous.

Of course, you've never made a bad decision in your life so it's fine for you to sit on your high horse here and scowl at the big bad junkies. People do silly things, people get in with the wrong crowd or can feel pressured into it, people have incredibly horrible things happen throughout their lives that drives them to this stuff. But naw, lets vote to hang them all because you've managed to keep on the right side of things.

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Really?

It's a better option in every respect to take illegal drugs which fund organised crime cartels, which haven't been rigorously safety tested or manufactured under a safety-controlled environment? You don't know what manner of shit you are getting  mixed in with those drugs.

Alcohol is strictly controlled and regulated in this country. I reckon that is a better option.

Seriously, do they not teach this basic stuff to kids at school anymore?

Weed is better for people in just about every imaginable way. Teach kids? You've got to be kidding. For decades the government and media has been pushing propaganda on weed, how can you educate folk on it when the party line is so drastically out of touch?

Enough of this nonsense. People choose to take this stuff. They are responsible for that and the consequences. 

People don’t wake up one morning with everything in their life perfectly fine and think “I’ll get addicted to heroin today I reckon.”

Yes, people make these choices, but a myriad of things lead to these choices. Personal accountability is one thing and to an extent, yes people have to deal with the consequences, but as a society we have (or at least should have) an obligation to protect the most vulnerable people within it, and that definitely includes drug users. Individuals dealing with the consequences of their actions doesn’t, in my view, mean that the rest of us shouldn’t play any part in dealing with the problem.

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

Enough of this nonsense. People choose to take this stuff. They are responsible for that and the consequences. 

I haven't once said they didn't make a choice, but some poor c**t who's just lost his mother or father in a car crash may well not be in the best frame of mind when they make certain choices. Of course they need to deal with the consequences, but I don't see why they shouldn't be offered support when doing so. Every single junkie isn't someone who just got up one day and decided they were going to be a junkie. 

What I find the strangest is that folk who hate junkies (and a lot of folk really hate junkies) would rather leave junkies being junkies, rather than helping them and trying to stop more people being junkies. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

People don’t wake up one morning with everything in their life perfectly fine and think “I’ll get addicted to heroin today I reckon.”

Yes, people make these choices, but a myriad of things lead to these choices. Personal accountability is one thing and to an extent, yes people have to deal with the consequences, but as a society we have (or at least should have) an obligation to protect the most vulnerable people within it, and that definitely includes drug users. Individuals dealing with the consequences of their actions doesn’t, in my view, mean that the rest of us shouldn’t play any part in dealing with the problem.

Do the victims of crimes committed by drug users enter into your thoughts at all? 

Just now, The Moonster said:

I haven't once said they didn't make a choice, but some poor c**t who's just lost his mother or father in a car crash may well not be in the best frame of mind when they make certain choices. Of course they need to deal with the consequences, but I don't see why they shouldn't be offered support when doing so. Every single junkie isn't someone who just got up one day and decided they were going to be a junkie. 

What I find the strangest is that folk who hate junkies (and a lot of folk really hate junkies) would rather leave junkies being junkies, rather than helping them and trying to stop more people being junkies. 

I'm all for stopping more people becoming junkies. Ideally we'd be junkie-free. 

What support would you give people who are the victims of junkies' crimes?

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

I'm all for stopping more people becoming junkies. Ideally we'd be junkie-free. 

What support would you give people who are the victims of junkies' crimes?

You're all for stopping people becoming junkies, but you're not for helping the ones who currently are junkies? Very weird stance.

I think they should get the same support as victims of non-junkies crimes :wacko:

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You're all for stopping people becoming junkies, but you're not for helping the ones who currently are junkies? Very weird stance.

I think they should get the same support as victims of non-junkies crimes :wacko:

The ones who are junkies are responsible for helping themselves. 

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

The ones who are junkies are responsible for helping themselves. 

Could you point me to the studies which show that leaving people to "help themselves" is the best way of ending drug addiction?

Weird that you want to end "crimes carried out by junkies" but you don't want to do anything to reduce the number of junkies, thus lowering the number of crimes carried out. Is it just the fact that you don't want your tax paying for that? Because your tax pays for worse things than that, such as the wages of 330 Tory MPs.