The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think it implies that the authorities are bot comfortable with the inferences made on the poster which is very racially loaded.

Its wordplay that is very deliberate by the people that propogate this shite. Let me ask you when in real life it has ever NOT been ok to be white or when being white has genuinely caused a problem in itself?

This is like the made up shite on the facebook thread about how kids cant call it Christmas or you arent allowed to fly a Union Jack. Its fucking bullshit designed to being people towards the real message of these people which is that in this country, its preferential to be white and its not ok to be anythong else

I totally agree with your post, however I did find it rather strange that this sort of thing has actually happened in Scotland. I honestly wouldn't think that attitudes like that would gain any traction here and would most likely be frowned upon by the majority.

Do we have a serious problem with racism in this country ? Not that I've ever seen.

The country is far from perfect of course but from my own experiences and from talking to people I work with who are minorities, it's always seemed a rather welcoming place with people genuinely treating each other equally and in a genuinely outgoing friendly manner. That's Glasgow I'm speaking of right enough so maybe it's different elsewhere in the country.

Don't get me wrong, there will always be the ars*holes who hate everyone whether it be their colour, race, religion or just being from a different area of town etc but I do honestly believe that Scots in general are a very grounded, friendly and pragmatic people especially compared with some of our close neighbours...........

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No, it means they're trolling. It's like demanding a law that bans teachers from turning pupils gay or Jews from drinking the blood of Christian babies, it postulates a problem that doesn't exist to promote hatred. 

Or maybe they've read an article in the British media which they think is critical of whiteness, and gone out and stuck some posters up.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/dec/11/images-of-whiteness-photography-photo-essay

'A new book reflects on the troubling story of whiteness'

The fact that somebody has to justify the statement 'it's okay to be white' probably indicates why the person felt the need to put up these posters, IMHO. Why not go out and cover them with posters stating 'it's not okay to be white'? 

32 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Or maybe they've read an article in the British media which they think is critical of whiteness, and gone out and stuck some posters up.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/dec/11/images-of-whiteness-photography-photo-essay

The fact that somebody has to justify the statement 'it's okay to be white' probably indicates why the person felt the need to put up these posters, IMHO. Why not go out and cover them with posters stating 'it's not okay to be white'? 

We already covered that, try to keep up. 

Obviously racism is generally nonsensical, but this is one of those weird instances of racism where it’s too fucking nonsensical to be properly offensive. It’s on a par with calling a guy from a reasonably affluent, peaceful central European country a “fucking refugee”.

Edited by The OP

• 2 weeks later...
Nope.

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/its-okay-to-be-white-right-wing-culture-warriors-seek-to-prove-anti-white-racism/