Scotland name squad

Lewis McLeod at Brentford surely worth a go, started season brilliantly. I see the Dembélé boy at Peterborough can play for us? Maybe to low a level he’s at, at the moment but certainly looks a player maybe one to keep an eye on
I've been very impressed by Macleod so far this season. He's been a big part of a very impressive Brentford team. However it's probably too early for a call up just now as this is first proper run of games. Definitely one to watch going forward.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ritchie isn't pish, but I don't think we're a good enough side to carry someone who might do something quite good.  He's capable of the sort of stuff he did against Poland with his goal, but I'm struggling to remember much more he's done that sticks out.  He also doesn't seem entirely arsed with playing for us.  That's probably just as much to do with his club than him, but still.

Also wouldn't be starting Snodgrass unless he shows something more than he has previously for us.  He looked like he was going to be THE guy after coming back from injury at the start of the last campaign.  Then he was pretty much shite for the rest of it.  If he gets back to what he's capable of, by all means bring him in, but I think we need to have some kind of width and pace in those areas, and Snodgrass/Ritchie do not provide that.  Granted I'd imagine the above formation would likely see the width be provided by the wing-backs, but still stand by it.

I like that lineup minus the wingers, both are good players but playing both leaves you open to being 2 men down if they're not on form. I'd bring in McGregor and maybe McBurnie for them and play more of a 532 with the wing backs bombing forward.

On form maybe Souttar instead of Hendry. Not sure if Souttar is right/left footed though

I think we've got to find a way to accommodate Armstrong, McGinn and McGregor, as well as a holding midfielder, in the starting lineup. 

That could be a 4-2-3-1 with McGregor on the left like he is with Celtic (although Armstrong isn't as good as a 10), or a 5-3-2 with McGregor just playing off Griffiths. 

The only thing I was unsure of was the wingers, due to lack of pace. However, they are both good at coming inside and supporting the striker, provide good deliveries and are capable of a goal out of nothing. The pace and width would be provided by the wingbacks and we could  bring the likes of Forrest, Phillips or McGregor on if it doesn't work.

Once again I'll be seething/setting my non-existent season ticket on fire/going all Guy Fawkes on Hampden if Liam Lindsay isn't in the squad.

I’ll be pretty shocked if he is in the squad. We’ve better options than him.

On 21/08/2018 at 03:17, Honest_Ally said:

LINEUP111534817676341.thumb.png.df288b47f838e93bc31ddad381cb132a.png

Not far off my preferred team. I'd have McGregor and Forrest in for Ritchie and Snoddy. I'd also have Lindsay in for Hendry, as Hendry is pure pish. 

Reckon I'm tempted to start McBurnie ahead of Griffiths as he's actually playing and scoring at the minute. 

Archived