Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

All politicians are egotists to an extent.  You can't stand up and say "VOTE FOR ME" if you are a naturally humble person.  

Nicola Sturgeon has given a statement to the Scottish Parliament.  She has said that the previous contact between the investigating officer and the complainants was "welfare support and guidance" and that she rejects the argument from Alex Salmond that there was any encouragement.  She said that the Scottish Government may re investigate the complaints, subject to the police investigation and the position of the complainants and in laying out her contacts with Alex Salmond over the issue said she hasn't spoken to him since July 18th last year.  

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

The SNP won’t, and rightly shouldn’t, welcome him back into the fold if he’s let off on the basis of “well he did it but there was some shenanigans in the news coming to light”. If Salmond is genuinely committed to independence and isn’t an egoist then he’ll stay away.

As an aside, a quick glance at Twitter during this sorry episode has shown that the venn diagram between the people who donated to the fundraiser and the people who tell Cat Boyd every day to “stop splitting the movement”, and “we’ll sort out gender issues after indy”, is a circle.

TBF Cat Boyd shutting up wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Surely it's the Scottish Civil Service?  Officers employed and paid by the Scottish Government.

As you suggest, I'm sure that payment for the Civil Service will be the responsibility of the Scottish Government.

However, the civil service is a matter reserved to the British parliament at Westminster (rather than devolved to Holyrood): Scottish Government civil servants work within the rules and customs of Her Majesty's Civil Service

In addition, the permanent secretary is a member of Her Majesty's Civil Service, and therefore takes part in the permanent secretaries management group of the Civil Service and is answerable to the most senior civil servant in Britain, the Cabinet Secretary (not to be confused with Scottish Government cabinet secretaries), for his or her professional conduct. He or she remains, however, at the direction of the Scottish ministers.

As you suggest, I'm sure that payment for the Civil Service will be the responsibility of the Scottish Government.
However, the civil service is a matter reserved to the British parliament at Westminster (rather than devolved to Holyrood): Scottish Government civil servants work within the rules and customs of Her Majesty's Civil Service
In addition, the permanent secretary is a member of Her Majesty's Civil Service, and therefore takes part in the permanent secretaries management group of the Civil Service and is answerable to the most senior civil servant in Britain, the Cabinet Secretary (not to be confused with Scottish Government cabinet secretaries), for his or her professional conduct. He or she remains, however, at the direction of the Scottish ministers.
So it's Fluffy's fault. Figures

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So I was right?  Cheers.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So it's Fluffy's fault. Figures

That's not what I said, but :lol:

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

So I was right?  Cheers.

:1eye

The professional conduct of the Scottish Permanent Secretary is a matter for the UK Cabinet Secretary, not the Scottish Government.

All you were right about was that we have to pay for this branch of the UK Civil Service 

TBF Cat Boyd shutting up wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever read anything she’s written. I usually reserve my National indignation for Angela Hegarty and that ginger dug. Oh, and the guy who writes in Scots despite presumably never having heard a Scotsman speak.

25 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever read anything she’s written. I usually reserve my National indignation for Angela Hegarty and that ginger dug. Oh, and the guy who writes in Scots despite presumably never having heard a Scotsman speak.

We need to stert a Muckle Conversation wi aabody aboot your posts.

Ca4olDOWcAE-9zX.thumb.jpg.3ac7683f5a736b0fb4c874ed40f39e3e.jpg

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

:1eye

The professional conduct of the Scottish Permanent Secretary is a matter for the UK Cabinet Secretary, not the Scottish Government.

All you were right about was that we have to pay for this branch of the UK Civil Service 

My apologies.  It looks rather confusing; answerable to another civil servant yet also to Scottish government ministers.  

Makes no sense and undermines the autonomy of Holyrood.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

It would be nice if she was as interested in investigating Sheku Bayoh's death as she is in Fat Eck's bedtime antics.

"bed time antics" Is that what they're calling potential sexual assault these days on the born again left?

2 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Sturgeon picked Evans from a list presented to the SG.    Some commentary suggests she was picked to boost this gender balance, style over substance noise.   

Her husband is a SNP activist and Nicola seems to be a fan which will disappoint alt-theorists.    

Given the devolved/ non-devolved nature of this, would the First Minister have the power to sack Evans?