Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

The absolute #scenes if this ends up as a "Not Proven" verdict.

This could be a distinct possiblity.

Salmond did say yesterday he had complete faith in the Scottish Legal System - maybe a Not Proven verdict, which of course could only happen in Scotland, was what he had in mind.

33 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

The absolute #scenes if this ends up as a "Not Proven" verdict.

That was what I was alluding to in my earlier post.  Not Proven is a terrible option in our criminal system, let’s jurors off the hook and damns any defendant.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Disappointed but not surprised that The Scotsman is still allowing online comments on on the Salmond story(ies).

There's a huge amount of libelous garbage being posted by over-excited Britnat maniacs that could potentially see people being prosecuted for the trash that they write in public forums.

Other newspapers have disabled the online forums on this story, but I suppose The Scotsman is desperate for the clickbait.

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Disappointed but not surprised that The Scotsman is still allowing online comments on on the Salmond story(ies).

There's a huge amount of libelous garbage being posted by over-excited Britnat maniacs that could potentially see people being prosecuted for the trash that they write in public forums.

Other newspapers have disabled the online forums on this story, but I suppose The Scotsman is desperate for the clickbait.

Or the paper prosecuted or sued for printing that libelous trash?

Maybe Salmond should consult George Galloway!

These public rape/sexual assault cases are horrible and bring out the very worst in people.

I have an ex school friend who is staunch no voter, a man who normally is vehemently innocent until proven guilty in 99% of  publicly played out rape cases, who is all over social media today sharing tabloid headlines etc, clearly delighted at all this.

Guilty or innocent it's grotesque that people take such pleasure in these things if it suits their agenda.  I don't care who it is I really think all these things should be done anonymously until there's a conclusion.  That may not be possible in practice but these things always make me quite uncomfortable.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yet again, Pie and Bovril is crying out for a law professor who could advise us all on what to expect, and keep us all from talking speculative bollocks about something we know nothing about.

Might as well close down Pie and Bovril if speculative bollocks is banned.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Salmond did say yesterday he had complete faith in the Scottish Legal System - maybe a Not Proven verdict, which of course could only happen in Scotland, was what he had in mind.

Not Proven would probably be the worst verdict for everyone

Not for Salmond if he's guilty.

That was what I was alluding to in my earlier post.  Not Proven is a terrible option in our criminal system, let’s jurors off the hook and damns any defendant.

This.

It's the one glaring fault of the justice system in Scotland.

It's the "we think you're guilty but we can't prove it" verdict.

It satisfies neither defendant nor complainant.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Not Proven would probably be the worst verdict for everyone

Do you think Salmond would rather be found guilty on all the charges and receive a substantial custodial sentence?

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Do you think Salmond would rather be found guilty on all the charges and receive a substantial custodial sentence?

I think he would much rather be found innocent. But as is quite often in these cases, there is neither an innocent or guilty verdict given, which leaves it to the angry lynch mob public to decide.

19 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
Yet again, Pie and Bovril is crying out for a law professor who could advise us all on what to expect, and keep us all from talking speculative bollocks about something we know nothing about.

We'll just have to make do with H_B . . .

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Ad Lib, you’re our only hope.

Whatever happened to Lawstud?

I can mind several years ago someone advised a fellow poster who was seeking legal advice, to ask Lawstud and then do the exact opposite!

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Whatever happened to Lawstud?
I can mind several years ago someone advised a fellow poster who was seeking legal advice, to ask Lawstud and then do the exact opposite!

Was that Stuart Dickson? He got banned for racism, I think. One of my first memories of this site was his preferred NHS policy of giving every Brit £5000 a year that they could use for their healthcare, or for whatever they want instead of having it free at the point of use. Real galaxy brain stuff that I don’t think even the ASI would touch with a barge pole.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Was that Stuart Dickson? He got banned for racism, I think. One of my first memories of this site was his preferred NHS policy of giving every Brit £5000 a year that they could use for their healthcare, or for whatever they want instead of having it free at the point of use. Real galaxy brain stuff that I don’t think even the ASI would touch with a barge pole.

Yes you're right.

A bit of a discussion on him here :

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/206729-the-50-best-posters-in-pb-history/&page=277

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Sometimes there are a lot of charges in the hope a deal is done to avoid a trial. I would imagine for the corroborative evidence to stick the stories would have to be similar if multiple victims.

Salmond can't just pay someone off. This isn't the States.