razor blades

ah-dee

havent seen a topic for this.

ravor blades must be the dearest item most of us put in our shopping baskets each week so where do you buy your blades to get the best value and what do you use?

ive tried other types but always seem to end up back with gillette. my mate just bought one of those Philips one blade things but i think that it will end up just being a novelty. im also really bad for just grabbing a 3 pack when in Tesco/Asda which is probably the most expensive way. where do you go for the best value?

Have dabbled with a couple of the subscription services but found they were blunt after 3 or uses. Nice packaging but not much use when I shave every day during the week. 

Always end back with Gillette despite the cost being horrendous. I try and buy the jumbo packs you see on offer in Boots and supermarkets to try keep cost down. 

I use King of Shave gel rather than their products though. 

Used to get the barber to tidy up my stubble but just do it myself now. Probably shave once a fortnight. Buy disposable razors that are on offer. Bought uppercut products before for shaving and thought it was same as stuff from supermarkets.

For years I persevered with Gillette mach 3's then the one they did after that but the prices have got fuckin ridiculous. Partly because loads of drones no longer shave because having a w**k beard is 'fasionable' or something.

So it's gillette disposables which seem to do the job ok.

Every so often though, a trip to the barbers for a proper shave. Nothing gets closer. Great feeling once it's done. 

It's a once a week task for me these days.  I was using Mach 2 but where I am the price became OTT so I switched to a Korean razor and blade - does the job but the razor is bulky and it's not as good as the previous but good enough. 

Merkur DE safety razor.
Persona blades.
Once you get over the cost of buying the razor, the blades work out at a couple of quid per pack in a shop or less online. Overall it covers the cost pretty quickly and is a better shave.
will try thanks

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:
2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:
Merkur DE safety razor.
Persona blades.
Once you get over the cost of buying the razor, the blades work out at a couple of quid per pack in a shop or less online. Overall it covers the cost pretty quickly and is a better shave.

will try thanks

Would recommend The Gentleman's Groom Room in Dundee. You can buy online from a few places but I like a visit to that shop. Down the front, not far from the Discovery.

Archived