Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

940 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can I be what appears to be the lone dissenter and say I liked it, I liked Foy and Bradshaw as individuals and as a combo?

Also generally, what I particularly like about them both as a person in their mid-30s is that thier cultural reference points are a bit more up to date....

Bradshaw is ok if he's on with Cowan or Cosgrove but yesterdays show just didn't work, I'm guessing that a lot of folk also switched off.

9 hours ago, andyg83 said:

OK snowflake. 👍 😀

How old are you? If you are a boomer, then that is exactly the sort of response I'd expect. Society is moving and you need to read the room.

Here's the thing, it's called respect. In the context of a football show, don't sexually objectify people. As I said, if this was Love Island where sex and physical appearance are what drives the show, then fine, the person knows what the focus of the show will be.

Ultimately If you see nothing wrong with it, then you really should go and talk to women who are constantly being judged and objectified without their consent or knowledge. It might change your mind about how insidious and creepy it is being seen as a slab of meat that's only merit is how good your penis would feel if it came in contact with them.

Let me be clear here, I'm not red dotting people, I'm not calling them out by name, I'm not reporting them to the mods, but I would be pretty disappointed if a good majority of people don't see the point I am making.

Edited by Ric

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

How old are you? If you are a boomer, then that is exactly the sort of response I'd expect. Society is moving and you need to read the room.

Here's the thing, it's called respect. In the context of a football show, don't sexually objectify people. As I said, if this was Love Island where sex and physical appearance are what drives the show, then fine, the person knows what the focus of the show will be.

Ultimately If you see nothing wrong with it, then you really should go and talk to women who are constantly being judged and objectified without their consent or knowledge. It might change your mind about how insidious and creepy it is being seen as a slab of meat that's only merit is how good your penis would feel if it came in contact with them.

Let me be clear here, I'm not red dotting people, I'm not calling them out by name, I'm not reporting them to the mods, but I would be pretty disappointed if a good majority of people don't see the point I am making.

Man this post IS creepy. Talking about pieces of meat and my penis. WTAF.

I can only assume you are taking the p1ss with this post or attempting to play to the gallery.

All I said was that she was good looking ffs.

Until yesterday I had no idea who she was then someone posted a picture of her.

Tam Cowan himself comes out with worse than calling someone "pretty hot" on a weekly basis so i assume you dont actually listen to the show. 

Edited by andyg83

11 hours ago, sophia said:

Episode 2 Idk GIF by The Office

I don't know, I think plenty of people have applied the first statement to Michael Stewart so I'm not 100℅ sure that sentence is misogynistic by itself.

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

Bradshaw is ok if he's on with Cowan or Cosgrove but yesterdays show just didn't work, I'm guessing that a lot of folk also switched off.

I agree. Unless you have either Cowan or Cosgrove on (preferably both) then it’s not the same show. It’s not even a decent tribute act.

I usually just have it on in the background for a bit when I’m making lunch or in the car but without either of them it’s not worth listening to. That said, I’d be happy enough for a new show to fill the void, as long as it was good.  BBC Scotland might struggle with the ‘good’ part going by the totally lame comedy shows they come up with.

Edited by Scary Bear

5 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

Man this post IS creepy. Talking about pieces of meat and my penis. WTAF.

The irony meter is currently overloaded. It's a real shame you are unable to understand the affect of your actions.

5 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

Tam Cowan himself comes out with worse than calling someone "pretty hot" on a weekly basis so i assume you dunt actually listen to the show. 

Exactly the reason Cowan should not be on air.

Edited by Ric

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

That was my take. We all love to moan and take the p1ss about OTB on this thread but we would miss it if it was to go for good. 

It needs a bit freshening up and in think Bradshaw is a good host and the best option when Stuart or Tam decide to chuck it.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

The irony meter is currently overloaded. It's a real shame you are unable to understand the affect of your actions.

Mate, have a look at the picture posted and the reply and have a go a them. 

I just said she was good looking. I never mentioned my pen1s. You are projecting that onto me. 👍😀

Anyway enough of this carp back to the actual thread. 

Edited by andyg83

3 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

Mate, have a look at the picture posted and the reply and have a go a them.

Again, you just don't get it, and that is a real shame.

@bennett does get it, but they are trolling.

Edited by Ric

12 hours ago, sophia said:

Episode 2 Idk GIF by The Office

If you listened yesterday you would realise this was spot on. She was maybe "over presenting" at times. 

Given this thread is largely about Cosgrove and Cowan not letting folk speak its not a dig at the woman. Maybe it's just in the job description that they all need to do it 😀

Edited by andyg83

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Someone said that someone was attractive and Rics on his high horse.

I had to read back on the thread to see what outrageous view had been proffered. Man finds woman attractive shocker. Other man who doesn’t even listen to said radio show has opinions on it shocker. 

12 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

They should restart the gender thread again. That was some carry on aswell 👀

Are you willing to post a picture of your girlfriend or wife in here and have people make personal statements about how they look, or whether they would like to f**k them? What's more, once you'd done that, get that person to read those comments and ask how they feel about randoms objectifying them.

You must be willing to do that, after all "It's just a statement of fact surely?" as you claim.

Edit: I have assumed here, that you are hetero, and thus would have a female partner.

Edited by Ric

14 hours ago, Ric said:

Jinkies, it's bad enough with Cowan's patter but people commenting on how hot de Foy is, is... well, it's creepy, lads.

Dear oh dear. 

Close this football forum down, it's finished.

I turned it off yesterday because it was fucking shite. I had no idea who the presenters or guests were but there was no football chat whatsoever. Presenters could’ve looked like Mrs and Mrs Brazzers but it wouldn’t have mattered a jot as they failed to preside over an entertaining show.

So if they are reading this, like Ric Flair is worried about, then I suggest they take on board the criticism and work on presenting a better show. 

Imagine actually wanting Tam and whatshisface back on. 

52 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

If you listened yesterday you would realise this was spot on. She was maybe "over presenting" at times. 

Given this thread is largely about Cosgrove and Cowan not letting folk speak its not a dig at the woman. Maybe it's just in the job description that they all need to do it 😀

I did listen, it was a bit of a struggle but I did listen. I was having a bit of fun with you but you may well have a point in as much as dead air or anyone rambling makes for dull so there very well could be a default to keep things ticking at a fast pace. Bradshaw just didn't anchor it too well.