Football trivia

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One I was given at a quiz recently that the football fans amongst us never got but my other half got pretty much immediately:

What's the only senior team name in English football (perhaps even British) that has 8 letters, with half of those being the same letter. We never got it in time, hence the girls who did (despite knowing hee-haw about football) being rather smug about it.

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

One I was given at a quiz recently that the football fans amongst us never got but my other half got pretty much immediately:

What's the only senior team in English football (perhaps even British) that has 8 letters with half of those being the same letter. We never got it in time, hence the girls who did (despite knowing hee-haw about football) were rather smug about it.

Millwall

ETA. Without knowing the answer previously, it must taken me about 8 seconds to get that one.

14 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

If you use each letter of Scotland for a number 9 who wore the jersey who can name them..
For example the "L" would be Dennis Law

8 minutes ago, Kmeister said:
14 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:
If you use each letter of Scotland for a number 9 who wore the jersey who can name them..
For example the "L" would be Dennis Law

The S could be Colin Stein, the O Gary O'Connor, A Steve Archibald

D. Dalglish , Durie

T . Stevie Thompson , Eddie Turnbull (?)

Archived